RAZR no screen, needed info

kb03gt

Reaction score
I have a RAZR that got ran over by a car.... Needless to say I have essential text messages on it. Any way to gather these off of it? The screen is useless, but the phone is operational. I tried to use a program to get them off, but I can't tell it to connect via USB. Any held would be appreciated.

pinoy_92

Reaction score
how do you know its working if the screen isnt functioning?

OP
K

kb03gt

Reaction score
The alarms go off, the notification light operates.

pinoy_92

Reaction score
well in that case, i dont think you can get your sms back. i usually back up all my sms every week.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I have a RAZR that got ran over by a car.... Needless to say I have essential text messages on it. Any way to gather these off of it? The screen is useless, but the phone is operational. I tried to use a program to get them off, but I can't tell it to connect via USB. Any held would be appreciated.

The simple answer is to repair it with Motorola at the specified cost, or replace the screen and digitizer yourself with a known working replacement - possibly from a bricked RAZR off of eBay. I could probably get it working for you but if you go to youtube and search for razr teardown you'll likely find videos telling you all you need to know to repair it yourself.

OP
K

kb03gt

Reaction score
Thank you for all the info. In the event I cannot get the new screen on myself, how much would you charge to do so? I am a pretty competent person but I've never entered a phone to repair anything before.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Thank you for all the info. In the event I cannot get the new screen on myself, how much would you charge to do so? I am a pretty competent person but I've never entered a phone to repair anything before.

I am not a repair center so I would be doing it purely as an amateur, and if I were repairing my own or a friend's phone. I would feel less comfortable doing it the first time for someone I don't know (no offense intended). I have done it and also replaced the camera on my DROID2 but have only had the back cover off the RAZR. I suggest you look for a qualified repair center and not take the risk of permanent damage that someone like I might do to it. If you can't find anyone else to do it simply because of how badly damaged it already is, hit me back up and we'll see if I can do it for you with the understanding that there would be no guarantee of any level of success.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:

SallyC

Reaction score
If there are some messages in particular you need, is it possible to have the other party forward or save /send them to you? I'm not sure how feasible that is. Just throwing it out as a brainstorm idea.