razr maxxhd came with a simm card and no microsd

roach

Reaction score
my wife got her razr maxxhd tonight it came with a simm card in the phone and another in a envelope,which one does she use.It has no micro sd card,we saved a 100.00 and bought it threw newegg now I'm thinking maybe I should of used verizion and not have this crap to do.I did not think verizion used a simm card.
Thanks in advance

tommyz

Reaction score
my wife got her razr maxxhd tonight it came with a simm card in the phone and another in a envelope,which one does she use.It has no micro sd card,we saved a 100.00 and bought it threw newegg now I'm thinking maybe I should of used verizion and not have this crap to do.I did not think verizion used a simm card.
Thanks in advance

Are you sure it's a real SIM card inside the phone? Maybe it's some dummy card for shipping. All Verizon 4g LTE phones have SIM cards. Second the RAZR doesn't come with a MicroSD card.

OP
roach

roach

Reaction score
Are you sure it's a real SIM card inside the phone? Maybe it's some dummy card for shipping. All Verizon 4g LTE phones have SIM cards. Second the RAZR doesn't come with a MicroSD card.
=============
ok thanks,the sim card is in a card,the size of a credit card and it pops out,it's red says verizion on it also says 4G LTE certified,I never seen this on my bionic and droidx THATS WHY i'M ASKING.
thanks again

Sectime

Reaction score
Sorry your wrong about the sim card.. I picked up my Razr HD Maxx at a Verizon store yesterday. The sim DOES come with the phone. Your right,There is no SD card. To the OP I would just call Verzon and ask them which sim to activate. Or call NewEgg

sajgel

Reaction score
the bionic when it first came out had the sim card already in it, if you purchased it from a VZW store. The rep most likely installed the sim b4 handing it off to you. the droid X was not 4g capable so it did not have a sim card.

OP
roach

roach

Reaction score
Sorry your wrong about the sim card.. I picked up my Razr HD Maxx at a Verizon store yesterday. The sim DOES come with the phone. Your right,There is no SD card. To the OP I would just call Verzon and ask them which sim to activate. Or call NewEgg
===============
thanks for the help on that,what is a real good microsd 32gb to use in these maxx hd and will it take a 64gb

maxxhd

Reaction score
fwiw my VZ salesman also replaced the sim in the phone with a new one. All they needed to do was read the box - it says right on it that a SIM card comes preinstalled.

They're not used to having phones come with SIM cards so they just replace them without thinking about it.

OP
roach

roach

Reaction score
fwiw my VZ salesman also replaced the sim in the phone with a new one. All they needed to do was read the box - it says right on it that a SIM card comes preinstalled.

They're not used to having phones come with SIM cards so they just replace them without thinking about it.
your right it did come with with a pre-installed card but it also came with one stuck to a card thats the one I mean.

maxxhd

Reaction score
your right it did come with with a pre-installed card but it also came with one stuck to a card thats the one I mean.

Mine didn't - the salesman opened a drawer behind the register and pulled out the credit-card SIM in a little envelope and opened it to install it. When he pulled out the SIM drawer in the phone he realized there was one already there but he replaced it anyway. :wacko:

Point being - I think these phones are being sent with extra SIM cards (probably sourced by local VZ stores) by people who don't know what they're doing.

Wardroid

Reaction score
Hello.
New here.
My Razr maxx hd just arrived today ordered from verizon. It came with a pre installed card and an extra. I am assuming its the same model and no different . The face plate protector even has the film that reads "4G lte sim card pre-installed" so not rocket science. Maybe its a assembly line error and certain folks at verizon arent getting the memo. Its cool though. Id rather have two than none.

dan.dar

Reaction score
Not an error. Use the extra card instead of the one that's preinstalled.

Droid101

Reaction score
If you have a micro Sim already you DO NOT need to have the new Sim card activated, just pop out the one that came with it and throw the one you already have in it, its as simple as that.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2