RAZR Maxx won't boot up or charge. HELP!

MrMagic

Reaction score
Alright so here's the deal, I dropped my phone a couple weeks ago on its back. I have a case on it, but it is just a stiff plastic cover, not very protective like my old Otterbox was. Right after, I picked it up and the battery indicator on the status bar was gone, it was recieving no signal and it said the SD card was removed. I rebooted it and all was working, except the battery indicator showed up as an empty battery with a red question mark in it. The phone seemed to be working fine but it wouldn't tell me it was charging when I plugged it in. The battery died that night and the phone auto-shutdown and when I plugged it in, it started charging and when it was full I turned it on and everything was normal again, including the battery indicator. I dropped it again 2 days ago coming back from the gym as my basketball shorts have no pockets and I am a clumsy fool :mad: It did the same thing it was doing before except now, the battery is dead and it wont charge or turn on. When I plug it in, all I get is the red Motorola "M" and it does nothing else. When I unplugged the charger since I was staring at a red M for 10 minutes, I see a battery indicator on the screen like I do when I charge it when it's turned off except it has a white question mark. This screen goes away after about 2 seconds. It won't boot up even if I hard reset (volume down and lock button). I am using the OEM charger as well. My question is this, how can I get this thing to accept a charge or at least get it to turn on while it's plugged in? The phone doesn't need to be fixed as I have a new phone being sent to me, I just want to be able to turn it on and get my data off. Any help is appreciated.

MasterGadgets

Reaction score
You say you are using an OEM charger. Are you using the OEM cable as well?
This phone is very nit picking about the charger and cable.

OP
MrMagic

MrMagic

Reaction score
I am indeed, OEM charger and cable. Interestingly, I plugged the phone into my computer's USB port, and it was giving me a solid white light where the notification light is. I did a reset procedure (lock button and vol. down) and the white light started flashing, turned off and the phone booted up! It got to my home screen and I was trying to go back up my contacts but the screen started getting some, I dunno, tearing I guess, and then the phone turned off. I have not been able to repeat this. I figure I drained the last bit of juice from the battery. As per a youtube video, I opened up the phone and got to the battery and pulled it out and put it back in, which still does not fix my problem. I think the battery is done for. New phone comes in on monday so I'm not too worried.