razr maxx will not connect to pc

I_hate_my_razr_maxx

Reaction score
Thread title sums it up. Connect the USB this horrible phone came with to it and my PC, and nothing happens. PC doesn't realize anything is plugged in, and neither does phone. Any suggestions, short of taking a baseball bat to this expensive mistake of a phone?

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Thread title sums it up. Connect the USB this horrible phone came with to it and my PC, and nothing happens. PC doesn't realize anything is plugged in, and neither does phone. Any suggestions, short of taking a baseball bat to this expensive mistake of a phone?

DO you have USB debugging enabled? If you do it and when u connect it'll ask you what connection to use. Either charge, or other

OP
I

I_hate_my_razr_maxx

Reaction score
I don't know what that means. Like I said, I use the USB to connect the phone to the PC and nothing happens. It doesn't ask me anything. It just sits there blankly like the expensive paperweight it is.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I don't know what that means. Like I said, I use the USB to connect the phone to the PC and nothing happens. It doesn't ask me anything. It just sits there blankly like the expensive paperweight it is.

Go to settings, the applications, then check usb debugging. lol. Im on ICS leak so I dont remember by heart how to enable to usb. I think i gave you the right directions. the key is to enabke USB debugging

EDIT: its settings, applications, developement, USB debugging. I would also enable UNknown sources too to install apps

OP
I

I_hate_my_razr_maxx

Reaction score
Thanks for the effort, but that didn't help. The phone and PC don't recognize that they're connected. Should have just gotten an iPhone...

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
It won't ask you anything. Slide down the notification bar and tap USB connection. You'll hear the bing-bong noise when it's connected. After you're done moving files around slide down the notification bar and tap charge only. This will remount your SD card and you can unplug the USB cable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Thanks for the effort, but that didn't help. The phone and PC don't recognize that they're connected. Should have just gotten an iPhone...

it might not be too late. If you bought the Maxx within 14 days, you still can get a an iphone. BUt keep in mind, once you get to know the maxx, you wont leave home without it dancedroid

Caesars

Reaction score
Agree, go exchange for an iPhone, but you will still have to go through the process everyone has to go through in learning the basics of a new phone, gl hf mate.

DROID RAZR MAXX

OP
I

I_hate_my_razr_maxx

Reaction score
That's just it- I've had it a month. It just doesn't do too many things I was told it would do, like, you know, connect to my PC like my old junky palm pre could even do. Or play movies. Or assign ringtones.

I give it props on the battery though - this thing will not die. Though really, how impressive is that on a phone that won't play movies?

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Your maxx can't play movies?? Maybe you got a dud phone, bro. MX video player seems to be able to play anything I throw at it. The stock video player is kinda wimpy, though, it doesn't like mkvs and some other formats.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
I

I_hate_my_razr_maxx

Reaction score
It very well might be user error. That's why I came to this site - hoping if it was, you could tell me how to do this. Instead, I get made fun of.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Sorry that you are having issues with your phone and some of the responses in here have been less then favorable. I don't know the ins and outs of the Maxx but hopefully we can get you all straightened out.

Anyway, when my PC does not recognize my phone I try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. Or sometimes unfortunately it is something with that PC, if you have access to another one see if it will connect to that one and let us know.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Didn't you get your phone to connect to your PC?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
As I read it he has not. But I have been wrong before.

Sent From the Land Before Time...
Tapatalk 2_Beta-6

mleber

Reaction score
It very well might be user error. That's why I came to this site - hoping if it was, you could tell me how to do this. Instead, I get made fun of.

Do you have another PC you can try to plug it into? Maybe something at work? When you connect is it obvious nothing happens or can you pull down the notification bar and choose mass storage? Start there with us and we can go from there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums