1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

razr maxx will not connect to pc

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Themes' started by I_hate_my_razr_maxx, Apr 7, 2012.

1. I_hate_my_razr_maxx

I_hate_my_razr_maxx New Member

Thread title sums it up. Connect the USB this horrible phone came with to it and my PC, and nothing happens. PC doesn't realize anything is plugged in, and neither does phone. Any suggestions, short of taking a baseball bat to this expensive mistake of a phone?
  2. TRIKOTRET

TRIKOTRET New Member

DO you have USB debugging enabled? If you do it and when u connect it'll ask you what connection to use. Either charge, or other
  3. I_hate_my_razr_maxx

I don't know what that means. Like I said, I use the USB to connect the phone to the PC and nothing happens. It doesn't ask me anything. It just sits there blankly like the expensive paperweight it is.
  4. TRIKOTRET

TRIKOTRET New Member

Go to settings, the applications, then check usb debugging. lol. Im on ICS leak so I dont remember by heart how to enable to usb. I think i gave you the right directions. the key is to enabke USB debugging

EDIT: its settings, applications, developement, USB debugging. I would also enable UNknown sources too to install apps
  5. I_hate_my_razr_maxx

Thanks for the effort, but that didn't help. The phone and PC don't recognize that they're connected. Should have just gotten an iPhone...
  6. JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK Well-Known Member

It won't ask you anything. Slide down the notification bar and tap USB connection. You'll hear the bing-bong noise when it's connected. After you're done moving files around slide down the notification bar and tap charge only. This will remount your SD card and you can unplug the USB cable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  7. TRIKOTRET

TRIKOTRET New Member

it might not be too late. If you bought the Maxx within 14 days, you still can get a an iphone. BUt keep in mind, once you get to know the maxx, you wont leave home without it dancedroid
  8. Caesars

Caesars Well-Known Member

Agree, go exchange for an iPhone, but you will still have to go through the process everyone has to go through in learning the basics of a new phone, gl hf mate.

DROID RAZR MAXX
  9. I_hate_my_razr_maxx

That's just it- I've had it a month. It just doesn't do too many things I was told it would do, like, you know, connect to my PC like my old junky palm pre could even do. Or play movies. Or assign ringtones.

I give it props on the battery though - this thing will not die. Though really, how impressive is that on a phone that won't play movies?
  10. BroidDrionic

BroidDrionic New Member

Your maxx can't play movies?? Maybe you got a dud phone, bro. MX video player seems to be able to play anything I throw at it. The stock video player is kinda wimpy, though, it doesn't like mkvs and some other formats.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  11. I_hate_my_razr_maxx

It very well might be user error. That's why I came to this site - hoping if it was, you could tell me how to do this. Instead, I get made fun of.
  12. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Sorry that you are having issues with your phone and some of the responses in here have been less then favorable. I don't know the ins and outs of the Maxx but hopefully we can get you all straightened out.

Anyway, when my PC does not recognize my phone I try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. Or sometimes unfortunately it is something with that PC, if you have access to another one see if it will connect to that one and let us know.
  13. TRIKOTRET

TRIKOTRET New Member

Didn't you get your phone to connect to your PC?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  14. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

As I read it he has not. But I have been wrong before.

Sent From the Land Before Time...
    Tapatalk 2_Beta-6
  15. mleber

mleber New Member

Do you have another PC you can try to plug it into? Maybe something at work? When you connect is it obvious nothing happens or can you pull down the notification bar and choose mass storage? Start there with us and we can go from there.

16. skipbl92

skipbl92 New Member

I have never had this issue with the maxx, but i work with motorola hand held scanners. I find that switching usb ports helps. The other would to go into device manager and remove the device (most likely has a yellow exclamation point) can be found under HID devices or USB devices. Once removed replug device into another usb port.

17. FoxKat

FoxKat Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I agree with skip, often the front USB Ports are not recognized properly for some reason. Another thing that could resolve the problem is installing a new USB card in an open slot on the PC. They are so cheap at this point, it's worth a try, and it will enhance your computer's function.

As technology advances, even though newer devices are supposed to remain compatible with the older protocol versions, it often turns out they aren't. This is very common in USB as well as in things like WIFI compatibility. Generally it's slight protocol errors with the older devices and the newer ones may be less forgiving of those slight protocol incompatibilities.

18. FoxKat

FoxKat Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Frankly, I didn't see anyone making fun of you on this thread. If people do make sarcastic contents, it's usually in response to comments they take exception to, such as "I hate my ...", "should have gotten an xxxxxx phone" or similar comments of frustration.

People on these threads usually grow very attached to their phones and are also often very polarized against competing brands such as Apple, or even competing Android phones. They take it personally, almost like as if you were insulting their brother. They also feel like comments of that nature are an indication that you've given up already, and that any effort they put forth to help may be wasted on their part, as is often the case. That's no excuse for their actions but resisting making comments of that nature will eliminate most, if not all of those types of attacks.

19. JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK Well-Known Member

Could also be a bad cable.
    OP you're getting grief because your problems are non-problems.

The Razr will play video files (I rip DVD's and they play fine) I also play any video that I've taken with previous phones and my video camera. I've never had a problem connecting via USB, just remember to pull down the notification bar. Ring tones are a piece of cake to set for each contact.

Frankly you seen to be a bit of a troll. If an iPhone will do it for you for Bob's sale get one. Good luck.

1 person likes this.
  20. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid Rescue Squad

It could also be a bad phone that needs to be replaced. Start with those that ppl who have suggested ideas, start with the simple to the more complex. Ignore those that offer no suggestions. Most ppl are here to help you be successful with your new phone.

First, plug in USB and then on phone, pull down the notification bar from the top, touch where it says USB connection, choose USB mass storage. Also the first time you plug your phone into puter, you will get a pop-up on your PC telling you that windows needs to install driver software. Make sure you install the driver software. If none of that works...

Try a different USB port, if that fails

Try a different computer if you can.

If none of these ideas work, let us know and we can try to walk u thru more possibilities.

You may have a bad phone. You can find out by going to a Verizon store and having them try (easiest) or call them and they will help you trouble shoot.

Hang in there, all is not lost.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums
Search tags for this page
computer not recognizing razr maxx
connect droid maxx to pc

connect razr maxx to pc

connecting razr maxx to computer

droid maxx wont connect to computer
droid razr does not connect to computer
droid razr maxx not connecting to computer

droid razr maxx usb connection

droid razr maxx wont connect to pc