Razr Maxx vs. Raxr Maxx HD

broncotim

Reaction score
I upgraded from Droid X...My HD is so much more better than my wife's Razr Maxx. The HD Screen is amazing & I kept my unlimited data...May be the last time that can happen, The Verizon guy found a loop hole

broncotim

Reaction score
Congrats on the new phone...please share the loophole with us

In order to keep my unlimited data I added a phone for $10 a month and flipped the new phone to my old number...it cost me a little more each month by adding a phone line that I do not use but I didn't have to pay $700 for a phone while using my upgrade, maybe the loop hole is closed now or maybe the next phones out they will lock it out but I may keep this phone until the sun stops shining to keep my unlimited data plan

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
My MAXX runs soo slow. I've got a lot of junk (which I do use) on it and would hate to waste time cleaning it out every few weeks. For what I do, I don't think the MAXX HD will be any better. (I'm pretty sure) It comes down to the amount of memory in the phone, which both MAXX and MAXX HD have the same if I'm not mistaken. If I remember correctly, the only differences between the two phones are the 20% faster CPU and the better screen resolution, which doesn't do much for multi-tasking. In fact, I was looking around for an app which would do some sort if virtual RAM to see if that might fix things.

recDNA

Reaction score
I have the same problem. Needs 2gig of ram. Only has one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I have the same problem. Needs 2gig of ram. Only has one.

To be honest, if I did have 2 GB of RAM, I'd probably find a way to max that out, too. SmartActions needs to have a way of closing apps. I got Tasker but I have no clue how to use it.

recDNA

Reaction score
I was looking at the gs4 yesterday just to get the ram but with all the vzw bloat there's only a little over 1 gig left!

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I was looking at the gs4 yesterday just to get the ram but with all the vzw bloat there's only a little over 1 gig left!

Yep its got twice the amount of RAM of the MAXX and MAXX HD, but look at the battery. I was at Disneyland not too long ago and was happy my MAXX lasted all day, easily. That would be the only caveat to upgrading to a new phone with more RAM. I'm really surprised there hasn't been a phone released that comes close to the MAXX's (or MAXX HD's) battery life.

In case you're wondering, there are apps for Wait Times and Itinerary planners for places like Disneyland, not sure about other amusement parks.

Reaction score
I have a hard time upgrading to the Maxx HD from the Maxx. It seems like such a minor upgrade. I am looking forward to the Motorola X but I have yet to hear anyone confirm it is coming to Verizon.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I went from the razr to the razr maxx, now I have the maxx hd, holds onto 4g forever, the screen, moot, but loving it. the x will probably slip under my radar. probably get a htc one or s4 just for the heck of it when and if I get bored.

s27moto

Reaction score
i think razr maxx is better than razr maxx hd ! because maxx and maxx hd it's very same look like only hd have a lite bit higher cpu and screen but maxx is very cheep than hd

Reaction score
I bought the bionic two weeks after it was released, I had it replaced 7 times by Verizon for many different reasons, at which point they sent me a maxx to replace the bionic. I was very happy with the maxx, didn't have any issues with it, until I sat on the screen and it cracked. I shipped my maxx to Motorola to have the screen fixed for 99 dollars, and after waiting for weeks for my maxx, Motorola sent me a maxx HD, because they somehow lost my phone. No big deal. Since I removed all of my personal info before I sent the phone off. Comparing all of these phones are easy. And since my wife still has her RAZR I can tell you first hand that the HD phones are far and above, better than the og RAZR. After the JB update on my maxx I would get 16-18 hours out of the battery, with this maxx HD I have been getting 26-28 with more use than maxx. The smoothness of the operating system is what the RAZR should feel like. And the larger HD screen when watching videos blows away the og RAZR. The phone itself is a Motorola, so it makes a call when I want it to. But the build quality of the HD is just superior to og RAZR family. The external speaker is too loud, I have to keep turning it down. But for me the most surprising part was the notification led, it literally scared me, it is huge. All of the little touches, from the circle widgets, to the notification counters on my email, and text, makes this phone that much nicer. But this is not just a small upgrade from the og maxx, its a completely different phone, that remains familiar. You really should just go and compare then side by side.

Hope that helps

Last edited:

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I shipped my maxx to Motorola to have the screen fixed for 99 dollars, and after waiting for weeks for my maxx, Motorola sent me a maxx HD, because they somehow lost my phone.
Maybe I'll sit on my phone, crack the screen, pay $99 for a fix, hoping they "lose" my phone and send me a MAXX HD. That'd be a lot cheaper than paying for a MAXX HD on eBay.

I dunno what I did to my MAXX today, maybe I just killed off a few apps I wasn't even using and it seems to be running well, now. I've seen an article on how to overclock it and I may investigate in that, as well.

tomthbomb

Reaction score
What is the difference between Maxx & Maxx HD other than speed (don't need). Does it have the same battery life?