Razr Maxx vs iPhone

finaddict

Reaction score
HI all! I am new to this site and was looking for some advice. I have owned a Droid X since they came out and am now interested in the Razr Maxx but before i make the purchase i have some reservations. I am going to be purchasing a tablet and new PC and will probably buy an iMAC ad Ipad 2. I am trying to decide if I should also get an iPhone instead of Droid Razr Maxx so that all my devices can be kept in synch with the iCloud. Any advice??

JeffDenver

Reaction score
HI all! I am new to this site and was looking for some advice. I have owned a Droid X since they came out and am now interested in the Razr Maxx but before i make the purchase i have some reservations. I am going to be purchasing a tablet and new PC and will probably buy an iMAC ad Ipad 2. I am trying to decide if I should also get an iPhone instead of Droid Razr Maxx so that all my devices can be kept in synch with the iCloud. Any advice??
The iPhone is the best phone on the market...assuming you are ok with the following:

1) It will be heavily proprietary
2) It will generally be expensive
3) It will always (always) have fewer features than Android, and generally fewer options (especially for customization)
4) You will generally have less control over your stuff than with Android

I say this without sarcasm...if you are ok with all of that, get an iPhone. The hardware is generally very good or the best, and it has lots of support. Because it is not cutting edge, most of the stuff on it will work well because it has been tested heavily. Apple has a very polished and fluid UI. #1 will be mitigated a lot if you own a Mac.

Obviously I prefer Android myself, but I do occasionally recommend the iPhone to people.

As for the Droid Razr Maxx...it is pretty impressive IMO. I still think the Rezound is better, but the Razr Maxx's battery life is awesome even though it is not removable. It is easily double or triple what you could expect on any iPhone. It is also thinner and lighter than any iPhone. The Razr Maxx, along with the Galaxy Nexus and HTC Rezound, are the best Android phones you can get right now IMO.

Last edited:

shalou

Reaction score
I just went through the same exact thing recently. I bought my first macbook pro and absolutely love it. Then apple was coming out with their new iphone and i was excited to switch from droid to the iphone. The main reason was because my droid and mac didn't get alone. Well when i saw the "new" iphone it was such a let down. I still went ahead and did an open minded comparison. It came down to what i would loose using an iphone more than anything. Example, sound hound + tunee music = unlimited free music. That alone is worth a lot to me. With droids open market system Im sure it is just a matter of time before we have a sync system that is compatible with apples os. There is really no comparing the two at this point unless you are buying it for the camera. Apple has one of the best cameras you will find (for a phone). But then again that's why i have a canon camera. My advise, buy the imac but stay with the droid. You will get the best of both worlds.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using DroidForums

Reaction score
With droids open market system Im sure it is just a matter of time before we have a sync system that is compatible with apples os.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using DroidForums

Actually, Motorola has motocast on all their new phones that syncs seamlessly with the computer including mac. I guess if we are specifically talking the icloud, that is a whole other issue.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

shalou

Reaction score
Are you offering to a cloud type system? Im not real big on clouds for personal data. I did some digging and found out that your data is stored on their server in order to reserve space. Im not saying there bad because they are very useful in many cases. Any suggestions on a good app perhaps? Im using a galaxy s2 by sprint. Funny thing, i really don't even know what the correct name for this phone
. All i know is I've had it for less than two weeks and love it.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Since you've made up your mind on the iPad, I'd say go with the iPhone for the not having to buy apps twice in many cases unless you get the iPad version (HD they are often called) of apps, then you still would have to buy twice.
You could always use Dropbox on both os if the cloud is your biggest concern

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

surge

Reaction score
Yeah, you need to buy the IPhone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
It really depends on how seamless you want things to work. You get the "big 3" of Apple and it will all be pretty painless. Then again it depends what you're looking for in a phone as well. I mean do you root? Do you want to run a ROM? Do you run stock? If you're basing your decision off of access to your things through the cloud, it doesn't get any simpler than iCloud tbh. Though there are alternatives to iCloud that Android can do as well.

rctp10

Reaction score
If you plan on buying a phone soon i would suggest the GNex. Its the most future proof phone on the market in till the quad cores come out. The Rezound is great if you want to Root but if you are not a rooter the rezound will fall into the htc plague of slow updates. The Nexus is guaranteed to keep getting updates, proof of that would be the nexus s getting ics right away. Your going to have to play with all of them, I initially started out with og droid went to bionic didn't care for it and planned on switching to the razer or rezound do to not caring to much for Samsung, in the end i ended up with the Galaxy Nexus. Something about the way it fits in my hand, and the look. To me the design and quality is amazing, i always liked the heavy metal feel to the og droid and thought i would never settle for a plastic phone but something about this phone just feels great. Also i rock it all naked in the pocket and i have yet to scratch the screen. My bionic was wrecked with scratches in the first week.

In the end it defiantly comes down to what you like. All the high end phones out right now are all equally great in there own way. Its the pick it up and gotta have it feel you should look for when you go to the store.

Just my thoughts......

alboboy10

Reaction score
I thought the same thing. That I would hate this phone because it'd be cheap feeling and light. Not true at all. This phone feels solid in your hand, just nice overall. Thin and not wide.

I also wouldn't spend 2000 on a Mac and 800 on an iPad though. For the combined price of nearly 3000.

I'd buy a cheap windows with the same specs as the mac, and a transformer for 400.

And you can use the 2000 you just saved on something else.

Last edited: