RAZR MAXX video issue!

tomthbomb

Reaction score
I use a ProClip mount for my MAXX in my Jeep. I get to go some pretty interesting places in the Jeep and like to video the good stuff BUT when I play back the video it is turned 90* or sideways.

When looking at the screen during making the video it looks correct. What's up with that? The lens is positioned where it just gets the front of the hood in the vid which gives it some scale but sideways it is useless.

jeeprazrmaxxproclip.jpg

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
First off really nice ride from the looks of the inside, and second hello to a fellow Texan.

If I am not mistaken the default camera also shoots videos in landscape mode regardless of phone orientation, I am not sure however if there is an after market APP you could download from the Play Store that might have more options.

OP
tomthbomb

tomthbomb

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Don't know why the default would be sideways video regardless of camera orietation. Guess I will go back to my little Nikon and suction cup mount. Makes the video funtion on the RAZR pretty much useless, right?

Also thanks for the prop's on the ride. It makes me smile every time I get in it!

DSCN1801.jpg

Last edited:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yep that is nice man, I have always wanted one of those but I am 6'5'' and could never really fit to well in the 2DR Jeeps. Never tried sitting in one of those before though, this was my toy for exploring when I lived in upstate NY for a year but sold it when I moved back down to Texas.

View attachment 53974View attachment 53975

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Tomthbomb, try Camera ICS. I just tested it and it works in portrait mode as it should. It also plays the video, right side up, in portrait mode. Who would've thought it should do such a thing. Imagine! Jk! I tried it with the stock camera and although it takes the video in portrait mode, it only plays the video rotated on its side. Go figure!

Hi Sydman! Like your upstate ny wheels too. I'll take either yours or tomthbombs... nice! My sister and brother in law own the 4 wheelers and beleive it or not, my nick name is the 4 wheelin' queen! Love it!

OP
tomthbomb

tomthbomb

Reaction score
Tomthbomb, try Camera ICS. I just tested it and it works in portrait mode as it should. It also plays the video, right side up, in portrait mode.

Thanks. Where do I find it?

OP
tomthbomb

tomthbomb

Reaction score
Yep that is nice man, I have always wanted one of those but I am 6'5'' and could never really fit to well in the 2DR Jeeps. Never tried sitting in one of those before though, this was my toy for exploring when I lived in upstate NY for a year but sold it when I moved back down to Texas.

I am 6' and with the seat positioned all the way back I can not touch the firewall with my leg extended all the way out. Go sit in one. If you drive it be sure to have your checkbook with you.

Last edited:
OP
tomthbomb

tomthbomb

Reaction score
Thanks! I am new to Droids and a BlackBerry refuge.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Hmmm, I'm puzzled... but that is happening a lot to me today. Maybe I need to go back to bed and try waking back up again, lol! For some reason, I don't think that is going to do the trick.

Is it 90* off when taking the video or 90* off when viewing the video? Camera ICS does both for me. And maybe I have completely misunderstood what you are trying to accomplish but I reread it and I think I understand. If I take the video with Camera ICS (and I am using the free version), it takes it in portrait and plays back in portrait. If I use the stock, it will take the video in portrait but it plays it back where you have to turn your head parellel to the ground (tilted 90* on its side) with phone upright to view it right side up (which is about the stupidest thing there ever was).

OP
tomthbomb

tomthbomb

Reaction score
Both stock and Photo ICS play it tilted 90* on its side. I take the video with the phone (camera) in the portrait mode (see my photo). I have not tried taking the video in the landscape mode (tilted 90*) because the lens view will not clear the dash board of the Jeep. If it would I could accept that.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
It is "Camera ICS" by Moblynx...but it works for me taking video in the portrait mode and then it plays back in portrait mode just as I took it. And there aren't any settings in the app that would make it take the video differently (ie. take only in landscape orientation). Wait, check your dislplay setting... not sure if that would make a difference for video but it should. Make sure your display setting has auto-rotate screen checked. (system settings--->Display---> Auto-rotate screen) Then try Camera ICS again. Make sure you choose Camera ICS because its icon is very similar to the stock Camera icon (Camera ICS icon has a green camera lens).

OP
tomthbomb

tomthbomb

Reaction score
I looked and Auto-rotate screen is checked. When I downloaded Camera ICS I dragged the stock camera to "X remove". Also the screen icon is labeled "Camera ICS".

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
And it still is not working? Hmmm, I am big-time puzzled now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums