Razr Maxx took a swim in the Ocean

electrorazr

Reaction score
My wife and daughter got their phones wet at the ocean the other day. They both shut off... I told them to wait till we got home and I would look at it. So I took the back cover off and found 2 of the 3 water sensors were not wet. But the one at the bottom near the charging area is wet/red! The other phone had more water in it, and all 3 sensors were red.

The wetter of the 2 phones after letting dry I was able to get it to take a charge, and power up. But the touch screen doesn't function... assuming the digitizer is fried.

The other phone... I dried all of the noticeable liquid from the inside of the phone. Then plugged in, the Moto icon shows up, then it shows a battery that is at 0% a second later it goes to 5%, then screen goes black after about 5 seconds. Then if you press the power button again, it shows the battery at 100%... however you cannot power the phone on. I am wondering if it is a deal that I can buy/make a factory cable to charge the phone... or is it fried? I only need to get the photos from the phone. I already filed an asurion insurance claim, so I'm not worried about future degradation of the phone from salt water.

Thanks for your help in advance

bioletame

Reaction score
My wife and daughter got their phones wet at the ocean the other day. They both shut off... I told them to wait till we got home and I would look at it. So I took the back cover off and found 2 of the 3 water sensors were not wet. But the one at the bottom near the charging area is wet/red! The other phone had more water in it, and all 3 sensors were red.

The wetter of the 2 phones after letting dry I was able to get it to take a charge, and power up. But the touch screen doesn't function... assuming the digitizer is fried.

The other phone... I dried all of the noticeable liquid from the inside of the phone. Then plugged in, the Moto icon shows up, then it shows a battery that is at 0% a second later it goes to 5%, then screen goes black after about 5 seconds. Then if you press the power button again, it shows the battery at 100%... however you cannot power the phone on. I am wondering if it is a deal that I can buy/make a factory cable to charge the phone... or is it fried? I only need to get the photos from the phone. I already filed an asurion insurance claim, so I'm not worried about future degradation of the phone from salt water.

Thanks for your help in advance

Don't you have activated the Google+ photo backup? If yes you can find your photos in your Google account....