razr maxx sd card confusion

rboutin2

Reaction score
ok, like i said in a previous post, i just got my razr maxx replaced under warranty with a new one from a box on the spot. I had my apps backed up with titanium before i went in there, and all my gosms, go launcher settings, and may other things backed up also. I get home, and none of my titanium backup stuff or gosms, or go launcher, or ANYTHING for that matter that i backed up is on my sd card. I'm assuming its long gone since the old phone was factory reset,a nd it was all on the internal sd of the old maxx?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Internal SD Is the phone. You want to save to the SD card-ext. This is the removable SD card :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

OP
R

rboutin2

Reaction score
and im assuming titanium backup, gosms pro, golauncher, and all my other apps all saved to the internal sd card huh? Im pretty much screwed. This is so ridiculous its not even funny. Why would they set it up like that? It is the dumbest thing ever.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Unfortunately yes, you can swap the SD from device to device, and it works. And there's been quite a few people who got confused about ext, and int.

Sorry for the bad news

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
Titanium backup's default save location is the internal SD, so unless you changed it to external SD or copied them over you're screwed.

At least Google keeps track of all your installed apps & will actually start to d/l & install them up until it updates play store so you'll have pretty much have to do them manually, but at least you'll have a list of every app you've installed.

If you can get play store to update before you enter your Google ID you might be able to get it to auto install, I would have tried a few things myself today but my warranty phone didn't show up.