RAZR Maxx screen is a bummer....

Apex89

Reaction score
I think you all have summed it up pretty well. Technically speaking, GNex has a better screen, full 720p better ppi ratings, but realistically its hard to tell much of a difference. I think text is a bit sharper on the GNex, but really when you take into account battery life and signal quality, Maxx IMO is the better overall choice right now. Once we get ICS, I dont feel like there will be any reason to pick the GNex over the Maxx. Of course, by then, Quad core phones will probably be the standard and both phones will seem dated haha.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think you all have summed it up pretty well. Technically speaking, GNex has a better screen, full 720p better ppi ratings, but realistically its hard to tell much of a difference. I think text is a bit sharper on the GNex, but really when you take into account battery life and signal quality, Maxx IMO is the better overall choice right now. Once we get ICS, I dont feel like there will be any reason to pick the GNex over the Maxx. Of course, by then, Quad core phones will probably be the standard and both phones will seem dated haha.

This 10000%.

I have a Rezound....and after sharpness...I really dont like the screen. But some ppl love it. Its all preference mostly. I noticed when playing games...the RAZR screen...its really hard to tell it has Pentile.

Holding them all inches from your face...or if you have really good eyesight...yea you can tell. The average person probably wont notice the differences. Look how many ppl really like the RAZR and Bionic screen. I have good, decent eyesite...and what I can tell you is some ppl like to exaggerate when it comes to things they like/dont like. One person says X screen blows away Y screen...another person doesnt see it like that. Thats gonna always happen. I used a Bionic...and that screen isnt as bad as some ppl make it.

Thats why you have to see things for yourself. And use the phone like you normally would. Perfect example....so many ppl love the Rezound screen....but I just loaded up Ghost of Mars on both my Rezound and RAZR. And I like it better on my RAZR. The Rezound just looks too washed out. Like the contrast or brightness is messed up. Someone at another site said they like looking at movies on the Rezound cuz of the sharpness. Sitting right here with both phones....the sharpness of the Rezound doesnt even come into play.

Its also good if you can compare different phones side by side over an extended period of time.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
And the irony of all of it is that we truly don't know what someone else is seeing. For example - when I look at red, I see red. When you look at red, you also see red. But what if our eyes are perceiving what we all say is red a little differently? What if what I'm saying is red, and what you're saying is red, looks different to each of us, but we both only know it as red, so we don't really know the difference?

Hmmm... I've confused myself :tongue:

Point being, all these screen debates are somewhat futile, as beauty (and perception!) is truly in the eye of the beholder!

Sent from my Razr Maxx... or does it look more like a Nexus to you?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
jroc somehow I didn't see some of your post in tapatalk before... Pretty sure I just repeated some of it... lol, sorry about that.

Sent from my phone

Apex89

Reaction score
Haha, Now you're just being all Philosophical. But it's true! We can judge based on specs, but people are gonna like what they like regardless! Anyways, I'm more than satisfied with my Maxx's screen after using a Droid 2 before this phone.

gudziel1482

Reaction score
I just got my RAZR MAXX two nights ago and love it. I had the DX and loved it then. Having each in one hand to go through my DX for apps and make sure I had them on my RAZR, I couldn't wait to .sbf my DX and put it away. I agree with jntdroid on this. I feel that for the past 2yrs I've dealt with a certain phone and the speed, battery life and quality of this phone drastically outweighs my old one. For the quality of screen, I really haven't noticed much negativity. I like to think of myself as a technical guy (the type when he notices something minor, it irritates the crap out of me each time I see it) and I can't see it with this phone.

It's probably just me.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
jroc somehow I didn't see some of your post in tapatalk before... Pretty sure I just repeated some of it... lol, sorry about that.

Sent from my phone

lol no worries. I'm also repeating my self at this point anyway.

nielbullock

Reaction score
I am with you... My Maxx has the same greenish/blush tinge. I got it 2 months ago, and thought I would just have to live with it -- until today, when we got my wife's setup and it has a normal bright display. The only difference is that hers is not a MAXX. I am taking mine back.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I am with you... My Maxx has the same greenish/blush tinge. I got it 2 months ago, and thought I would just have to live with it -- until today, when we got my wife's setup and it has a normal bright display. The only difference is that hers is not a MAXX. I am taking mine back.

Both if my maxx's have the tinge you refer too. I love it!! It makes blues pop. I like blue lol.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think the blue tint varies from phone to phone....like the black splotches. Yea you can keep exchanging till you get one you can live with. IMO...there are too many other things that can be wrong with all these phones to worry about the tint. I dont even notice it unless side by side with my Rezound or Droid X1. I can understand tho. I have seen someone go thru 6-7 G Nex's for various issues. I'm done after 2...lol. With ANY phone.

With alot of these phone ...issues or non issues arent noticable unless side by side with another phone.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I think the blue tint varies from phone to phone....like the black splotches. Yea you can keep exchanging till you get one you can live with. IMO...there are too many other things that can be wrong with all these phones to worry about the tint. I dont even notice it unless side by side with my Rezound or Droid X1. I can understand tho. I have seen someone go thru 6-7 G Nex's for various issues. I'm done after 2...lol. With ANY phone.

With alot of these phone ...issues or non issues arent noticable unless side by side with another phone.

This is true, when I place my razr maxx's side by side, the new maxx is darker in screen brightness at the lowest setting, and brighter at the brightest setting. And the new on has a bluer tint to it and no black spots, they're more like specs on the new one.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

sbhsquared

Reaction score
To the OP: the LG Spectrum has the nicest display in the store. The device is the red headed step child of the bunch, but it seems to be proving itself just fine over time.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

I agree - although I just returned my Spectrum and ordered the Maxx. The Spectrum had a few drawbacks that just made it not worth dealing with (wouldn't talk to my in-dash aftermarket car BT receiver, voice dialing really isn't truely voice-operated, etc.). I don't think I'll be able to see anything on the Maxx as well as I could on the Spectrum (better resolution coupled with larger icons/text), but I'm just going to have to get used to it. Red headed step child? :biggrin: Maybe that's why I liked the Spectrum so much - it matched my hair!

Parzec

Reaction score
Are you using the stock browser? If so try this:

Open the browser. Hit the Settings key. Hit More. Hit Settings. Scroll all the way down til you see Enable Battery Saving Mode. See if the box is checked. If it is uncheck it, back out or exit the browser and see if that helps.

Thats assuming you are using the stock browser.

Thanks for the tip...fixed my screen fade!! This should be a sticky on the main thread.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Parzec

Reaction score

Who let's you return a phone after two months of use? Just curious.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums