Razr Maxx Rooting 4.0.4

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Thanks for the response, and the last software I tried was the one mentioned earlier in this thread (1.82). The system version of my phone is 77.111.10xt907.Verizon.en.US and it says my android is 4.0.4. The 4.0.4 android version is what made me think this would work. I never noticed any info on the different system versions but it would make sense to why I've had so much trouble with my phone.
The reason you are having problems is that you have a Razr M. The utility you are trying to root your Razr M with was made for the Razr/Razr Maxx. It will not work on your device. Go to the Razr M subforums. There is a tread there about rooting the Razr M.

shanilking

Reaction score
I need help on Razr Maxx

Hey Guys, great work. Much appreciated.
I am a new owner of an unlocked Verizon Motorola Razr Maxx with ICS 4.0.4. I am using the Reliance CDMA network in India. I am able to make and receive calls and send text messages. The phone is acting very weirdly on me.

Once i put the Reliance CDMA sim and power up the phone, the welcome screen appears. Once i select 'English' as the language and click on 'Start', it gives me a message saying that ' Please wait, this may take a few minutes'. After a couple of minutes, I am getting the following message 'A SIM card is needed to operate this phone. Please turn off your phone and insert your SIM card'. I can access the settings and play around with few of them. I have tried many combinations, but of no use.

When i go to About Phone > Status. Under 'Network type and Strength' following are the stats
Service state --> In Service
Roaming --> Not Roaming
Mobile Network State --> Disconnected
My Phone Number --> (empty)
MIN --> Unknown
PRL Version --> Unknown
ERI Version --> Unknown
ICCID --> Unknown
IP Address --> Unavailable

It does not allow me to use apps or play games or do anything fun on my handset. The network signal indicates full signal reception, i am able to make calls and receive calls and send text message only.

How can i get it to start working like a normal ICS smartphone and enjoy the rich multimedia experience ? Kindly help me. Thanks in advance

mk_cn

Reaction score
Hey Guys, great work. Much appreciated.
I am a new owner of an unlocked Verizon Motorola Razr Maxx with ICS 4.0.4. I am using the Reliance CDMA network in India. I am able to make and receive calls and send text messages. The phone is acting very weirdly on me.

Once i put the Reliance CDMA sim and power up the phone, the welcome screen appears. Once i select 'English' as the language and click on 'Start', it gives me a message saying that ' Please wait, this may take a few minutes'. After a couple of minutes, I am getting the following message 'A SIM card is needed to operate this phone. Please turn off your phone and insert your SIM card'. I can access the settings and play around with few of them. I have tried many combinations, but of no use.

When i go to About Phone > Status. Under 'Network type and Strength' following are the stats
Service state --> In Service
Roaming --> Not Roaming
Mobile Network State --> Disconnected
My Phone Number --> (empty)
MIN --> Unknown
PRL Version --> Unknown
ERI Version --> Unknown
ICCID --> Unknown
IP Address --> Unavailable

It does not allow me to use apps or play games or do anything fun on my handset. The network signal indicates full signal reception, i am able to make calls and receive calls and send text message only.

How can i get it to start working like a normal ICS smartphone and enjoy the rich multimedia experience ? Kindly help me. Thanks in advance
Did you install a game, e.g. Angry Birds? When you tapped a game or app icon like Gmail, what happened? Maybe you can start a new post for your issue...