Razr Maxx rooted way back, wont do stock upgrade, stuck at 2.3.6, safestrap 2 cyano?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by grandkodiak, Apr 12, 2013.

1. grandkodiak

grandkodiak New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the Razr Maxx when it came out, it was awesome, until I found out they weren't going to upgrade the OS even though it was thier flagship phone. Months go by and delay delay no upgrade.

I start toying around with the phone, I root it and install Ubuntu on it for kicks. Get tired of it, never use it but to show off lol.

They launch ICS update finally, downloads, and after about 1/4 across the progress bar I get the sad android with ! symbol, reset and "upgrade fail!" message. Tried temp unrooting, deleting ubuntu files etc, never works, I ignore it.

For some reason, after MANY months, now almost every day my phone decides to either remind me to update, or downloads the update without permission killing my battery in my pocket and still continues to fail.

Someone suggests I just put in a custom rom say cyano. I download the rom and go about getting safestrap apk. I search for the 2.3.6 safestrap and download the apk, but it get the adb error:

[install_failed_older_sdk]

Errr... maybe the safestrap apk I got wasn't for 2.3.6? So I download the only other one I can find, but its a .zip file containing no apk.

Now, how do I go about trying to install the .zip version? Or perhaps the sdk I have installed on my computer thats running adb is what is to old? (I'm not even sure of its version, I'm guessing its just about a year old now, I havent used it since the original root)

Is this even my problem? Any other suggestions? I won't attempt to install cyano without having a backup for my phone.

Comments, suggestions? I GUESS I can live with ignoring the constant update reminder, but on second thought, I really don't like being stuck at 2.3.6 now, and I was actually looking forward to using cyano after reading over it.

Thanks all!

2. grandkodiak

grandkodiak New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ps. after fiddling with it, I decided to completely unroot, clear cache, go to recovery mode and reset to factory, download the update fresh andddd.........still fails.

3. grandkodiak

grandkodiak New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    no one eh?

Search tags for this page

droid razr maxx back to stock

droid razr maxx update from 2.3.6

droid razr stock upgrade safestrap

how to get stock root on razr maxx

how to return droid razr maxx to stock rooted

how to update safestrap from3.6