RAZR Maxx owners. R u still as happy a I am?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Keepitsimple, I think I would be proceeding exactly as you are. I have a feeling that after you do the battery meter training you will be pleasantly surprised.

Here are a couple other things to do that will help your battery and I included the meter training for quick reference.

*check to make sure it is not on global data. Go to settings --->more... (under data usage) ---> mobile networks ---> network mode ---> select LTE/CDMA.

*In Smart Actions, enable battery extender. It will turn off Wi-Fi, data, and sync when your screen is off and automatically turn it all back on when you unlock your screen (Wi-Fi, data and sync use a lot of battery...no reason to have it running when you are not using your phone).

Do a battery meter training:
*with phone powered off, charge it to 100% (you can check the % of charge by pressing the volume button).
*When it reaches 100%, turn phone on, unplug, use your phone without charging it until it gets to the low battery warning (10-15% charge).
*Turn phone off and charge it while off until it reaches 100% again.
*Turn phone on and use it and charge it as you normally would.

JazzyDroid4

Reaction score
I used to have a problem with it overheating when web surfing and it would drain my battery drastically, and occasionally the speaker wouldn't work (missed phone calls and texts). As a last ditch fix I decided to purchase a hard plastic cover for the phone, no more overheating issues!! This "marriage" will last atleast 2 years or til my next free upgrade. ;-)

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Forum Runner

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
I wish the RAZR MAXX HD was the same size as the RAZR MAXX. I'm probably going to hang onto this phone until next year hoping for a Motorola Nexus.

tjsbiff

Reaction score
What is "JB"? Love the battery life but my phone keeps showing I have missed calls even though I have clicked thru and "pulled up" each missed call...very annoying

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
What is "JB"? Love the battery life but my phone keeps showing I have missed calls even though I have clicked thru and "pulled up" each missed call...very annoying
JB is Jelly Bean...the next iteration OS for Android. Go to menu>setting>apps>phone and clear cache and data and see if that doesn't fix the problem.

keepitsimple

Reaction score
Will do. Also switched to lte/cdma.
Done so many things that I'm tempted to m make a checklist on paper for future reference.

U r on top of things....opinion on if a .215 OTA is in the cards. I think the powers that be have no compelling timeline.

[QUO..TE=TisMyDroid;2338856]Keepitsimple, I think I would be proceeding exactly as you are. I have a feeling that after you do the battery meter training you will be pleasantly surprised.

Here are a couple other things to do that will help your battery and I included the meter training for quick reference.

*check to make sure it is not on global data. Go to settings --->more... (under data usage) ---> mobile networks ---> network mode ---> select LTE/CDMA.

*In Smart Actions, enable battery extender. It will turn off Wi-Fi, data, and sync when your screen is off and automatically turn it all back on when you unlock your screen (Wi-Fi, data and sync use a lot of battery...no reason to have it running when you are not using your phone).

*with phone powered off, charge it to 100% (you can check the % of charge by pressing the volume button).
*When it reaches 100%, turn phone on, unplug, use your phone without charging it until it gets to the low battery warning (10-15% charge).
*Turn phone on and use it and charge it as you normally would.[/QUOTE]

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Will do. Also switched to lte/cdma.
Done so many things that I'm tempted to m make a checklist on paper for future reference.

U r on top of things....opinion on if a .215 OTA is in the cards. I think the powers that be have no compelling timeline.

[QUO..TE=TisMyDroid;2338856]Keepitsimple, I think I would be proceeding exactly as you are. I have a feeling that after you do the battery meter training you will be pleasantly surprised.

*Turn phone on and use it and charge it as you normally would.
[/QUOTE]It's hard to tell if Motorola will release .215 as an official OTA update...they may just go to Jelly Bean. If they do release an update before Jelly Bean it might not be .215, it could be .220 or whatever.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes, like jpcalhoun said, it is doubtful they will be releasing the .215 officially. Original speculation was that it was going to be released in August but that never happened. I think because Motorola wanted to concentrate on jelly bean and I bet that will be the next official update. That is expected in January 2013 or early 2013. Because that is right around the corner, unless it feels like you really need to try .215, I would stick with stock.

M.faulkner31211

Reaction score
I have only had mine for a couple of months but I love it even though I cracked my screen today I wouldnt change the type of phone I have for anything

AirJunky

Reaction score
geez, Airjunky...you make it so hard for a girl to make up her mind. do i keep the Maxx I have or shell out the 170.00 for a new phone. hmmmmmm
LOL, sorry about all that honesty. I just sold the Maxx & upgraded to the Maxx HD. I don't regret it for a second. Like I said though, the phones themselves are not that much different. The OS is where most of the improvements are at. Jellybean rocks!

bohemouth

Reaction score
LOL, sorry about all that honesty. I just sold the Maxx & upgraded to the Maxx HD. I don't regret it for a second. Like I said though, the phones themselves are not that much different. The OS is where most of the improvements are at. Jellybean rocks!
I am in love with the HD OS it is hugely improved which makes the HD a better phone. Every thing else is pretty much the same. But it was well worth the money for a more simplified and intuitive OS, hands down.

OP
D

droidrazrmaxx

Reaction score
bohemouth said:
I am in love with the HD OS it is hugely improved which makes the HD a better phone. Every thing else is pretty much the same. But it was well worth the money for a more simplified and intuitive OS, hands down.

With this talk of the new OS being so good, I'm gonna make a trip to Verizon today and check it out.

aarong03

Reaction score
This is why I still love my Maxx!

Screenshot_2012-12-01-13-38-35.png

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

joshxdroid

Reaction score
bohemouth said:

Or.... install "droid hd" rom on your maxx and have an updated OS for free

Sent from my XT912 running KOA resurrection CM10 jelly bean