RAZR Maxx owners. R u still as happy a I am?

FyrJammer

Reaction score
Likwid_E said:
ICS killed it for me. I was happy. Now I'm just slightly satisfied. The amazing battery life is what's keeping me to this phone. Sometimes I'll work over 14 hours a day and having my phone stay alive the entire time is fantastic.

Still rockin' Maxx here. Yeah ICS had some issues, but Cyanogen has an unofficial JB Rom that makes it kick ass again. The Rom works great except camcorder (works 60% of the time). Averaging 35 hrs battery use (60 with light usage). Heat issues? None with JB.

Give up Maxx? What for?

Sent from my Maxxx using Droid Forums

FyrJammer

Reaction score
mindhead1 said:
How do you get JB on it? Is it stable?

I'm using CM10 unofficial Rom with Apex Pro. Smooth. Excellent battery. Only issue I have so far is the camcorder. Works 60% of the time.

Sent from my Maxxx using Droid Forums

MarBearCat

Reaction score
I've had my MAXX since March, (9 months)
and I'm very happy with it. Maybe happier
than some because I've still been able to
avoid the ICS upgrade.

=^ .". ^=

greyghost04

Reaction score
Greatest phone I have ever owned. Last phone was a Thunderbolt. In a year and a half it went from a technical marvel to a POS. Maxx is great in every way. Rooted, running Simplex ROM. It works flawlessly. Bought this phone used on Craigslist for $250. Looked like the day it came out of the box. Still have my unlimited data for life. YEEEAAHH!!!

shaggydog

Reaction score
Just got mine yesterday at Best Buy. Had a Samsung Stratosphere but the upgrade price was perfect,0.00. Like going from a Charger to a Camaro. User interface is somewhat different but fun to learn. What kind of physical protection should I invest in?

OP
D

droidrazrmaxx

Reaction score
shaggydog said:
Just got mine yesterday at Best Buy. Had a Samsung Stratosphere but the upgrade price was perfect,0.00. Like going from a Charger to a Camaro. User interface is somewhat different but fun to learn. What kind of physical protection should I invest in?

I gather first off would be a screen protector. Look around in threads for what may be good. Lots of opinions. I'm currently using zagg and like it. And for protection without too much bulk or expense, I use a $20.00, get one on Ebay cheaper, Verizon variety rubber case. It covers all the phone and unless your throwing it at a wall it should suffice for most folks. Enjoy your phone. I believe it can't be beat, especially considering the battery.

greyghost04

Reaction score
I gather first off would be a screen protector. Look around in threads for what may be good. Lots of opinions. I'm currently using zagg and like it. And for protection without too much bulk or expense, I use a $20.00, get one on Ebay cheaper, Verizon variety rubber case. It covers all the phone and unless your throwing it at a wall it should suffice for most folks. Enjoy your phone. I believe it can't be beat, especially considering the battery.

Got mine on Ebay for $4, good call. handhelditems.com is a great place for accessories cheap.

deliafleon

Reaction score
Hi n welcome Congrats on the new purchase you will live it its my mimi laptop TV phone text Skype games it comes with Madden for free woo hoo yeah I'm cheap on something's lol. Phone is supposed to be water resistant. The screen is made from polychromatic n the back is made from Kevlar sweet right.... enjoy

Make it a great day! Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

sen1983

Reaction score
using it for 1 month and i wish i had bought it before
because i could not decide it to buy because i could not take it my hand, , did not know its real size, screen quality etc... (motorola does not sell razr maxx in Turkey) during this undecided time, i watched all the review videos on youtube, read all the forum comments and finally suddenly i decided to buy it. :)

i am still happy and i believe that i will be happy too

drivinfocused

Reaction score
yes and no. battery is way better than my other phones but ics screwed that pretty good. but the 4g dropping out all the time is what is making me upset. big Res told me that is was because of them still working on towers but other friends with 4g phones around here aren't having that issue.

OP
D

droidrazrmaxx

Reaction score
drivinfocused said:
yes and no. battery is way better than my other phones but ics screwed that pretty good. but the 4g dropping out all the time is what is making me upset. big Res told me that is was because of them still working on towers but other friends with 4g phones around here aren't having that issue.

Might you have a bad phone? I ask as it really has a great radio compared to many other phones and your indicating others you know have no issues. I'd poke around more and see what shakes. Do any of your friends have the sane phone? If so, I'd do a side by side comparison. Like follow each other around your problem spots and see how theirs performs.

FoneHome

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4
I'm happy but something really annoying has been going on with my phone for the past two months. For some reason, the vibrate mode doesn't work. So, I have my phone set for vibrate but it acts like it's set to silent. :angry: So, I've missed a lot of important calls and all that and that's not cool. I asked in one of the forums if there's anything I can do to fix this problem and they said for me to contact the phone company and have them send me a new phone.

OP
D

droidrazrmaxx

Reaction score
FoneHome said:
I'm happy but something really annoying has been going on with my phone for the past two months. For some reason, the vibrate mode doesn't work. So, I have my phone set for vibrate but it acts like it's set to silent. :angry: So, I've missed a lot of important calls and all that and that's not cool. I asked in one of the forums if there's anything I can do to fix this problem and they said for me to contact the phone company and have them send me a new phone.

Under settings, sound, silent mode..... did you select vibrate as shown in photo?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121125_174832.png
    ForumRunner_20121125_174832.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 176

sajgel

Reaction score
Love my Maxx, can;t wait till Jelly come out. Love the fact that I can get 3 days out of it.

Colorado

Reaction score
Well i still have my maxx new in the box since june. My wife and i both upgraded to keep unlimited but i stayed with my dx. I played around with her maxx and just hate ics enough to stick with the trusty dx. I was thinking about activating the maxx and setting it up, then switching back to the dx until ota jb is released. That way i'll just have to switch back to the maxx and get the update. Maybe i should just wait and test jb on my wifes maxx first to see if I'd like it. Any estimate on an ota jb update for the maxx?

There's a lot of apps that i don't want the updates for because they ruined the app thats another reason i don't want to switch phones but I'd get over that if jb is worth it.