Razr Maxx not connecting to PC(drivers installed)

Praetorian4913

Reaction score
Hello, I own a Droid Razr Maxx(XT912) and for the last few weeks i have been unable to get my Droid to connect to my PC, which is running Windows 7 64bit.

After searching for many hours through google searches, forums, etc... i have found no solution to my problem yet, so here is where im at...

I have downloaded the latest Motorola Mobility Drivers and installed them, with no luck in getting a connection(yea i rebooted). I am using the original cable that came with it(also tried a friends cable from same phone model), and i have tried multiple usb ports(computer i built myself). Windows will beep twice as if a usb device has been inserted and discovered, but nothing else. I cannot see the device connected through my computer, device manager, not even adb will connect to it. The droid does not show any changes either.

When i try connecting in MTP mode there is a windows popup which says something like usb device not recognized.

I feel obligated to mention, the droid is running 4.1.2 which i rooted about 2-3 months after the OTA update(razer blade method). Messed around with a few CM10 builds but nothing was stable so i went back to using the stock OS, but left it rooted for future possibilities. Recently the phone has been freezing about 3-6 times a day requiring a forced manual reboot. I did a factory reset, still crashes, tried using it in safemode, still crashes. So the reason i am trying to connect to the phone is to do an sbf flash using ap fastboot and RSDLite.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the motorola drivers, repairing them, and even tried a different computer running Vista 32bit. nothing has worked and my phone is getting more and more unstable. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.