RAZR MAXX Memory??

MicroDOC

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that the Razr Maxx has 8gb of internal memory and not 16gb? Or is it just me. I ran out of internal memory and on checking, it only has 8gb.

Snow02

Reaction score
From vzw's razr maxx page:
screenshot2012041103194.png

But I'm sure you thought to look there and just overlooked it...

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
If it's like the Bionic then you have 16GB, but it's partitioned. Like x amount of GB for apps, and x amount of GB for media.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
M

MicroDOC

Reaction score
Mine is 24gb total. 8 internal & 16 external sd card. This doesn't seem normal. I just got my phone yesterday...

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
That is normal, just like others said that other 8GB is allocated for OS stuff and APPS.

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
Mine is 24gb total. 8 internal & 16 external sd card. This doesn't seem normal. I just got my phone yesterday...

Think of the phone as a computer. The 8 gigs of memory you don't see is like a hidden file that runs the operating system(ie windows 7). I questioned it too when I first got the phone. I had the entire local store staff scratching their head til we looked it up and looked at 4 other Razrs/Maxx out on display.

OP
M

MicroDOC

Reaction score
OK! That makes sense. I thought that maybe that was the case. I'm an old man and not as sharp as I once was and just wanted to get a second opinion.

rosariorose9

Reaction score
From a thread at the xda developers site:

"There's 16gb memory on board.

About 4 gigs are reserved for the system, the other 4 gigs are for apps internal storage.

The internal app 2 sd partition is due to many android phones suffering from slow app loading through the SD port.

The system has 4gigs reserved due to the webtop interface, temp storage for the browser and such. And the full android system of course.

The available storage partition, that saves photos etc should be exactly 8 gb free, unless you've downloaded stuff to it. You are free to format the internal storage so nothing important is on that."