Razr Maxx HD widgets drawer recovery

bannout

Reaction score
It seems every time I have something wrong going on that makes me do factory reset. I just did one and began adding back the widgets to homescreens. Somehow now I can not access all the widgets list in the widgets drawer. As soon as I reach the middle of the list, the widgets drawer closes/crashes and it takes me back to the homescreen!! Is anybody facing the same problem? Any suggestions? BTW I cleared all the caches and the caches partition with no luck!!

mikeyk61

Reaction score
Happening to me. Did cache wipe....

I have the Razr Maxx HD also. I cleared cache as well. 1 month old and it crashes at the G's in widget menu.
It seems every time I have something wrong going on that makes me do factory reset. I just did one and began adding back the widgets to homescreens. Somehow now I can not access all the widgets list in the widgets drawer. As soon as I reach the middle of the list, the widgets drawer closes/crashes and it takes me back to the homescreen!! Is anybody facing the same problem? Any suggestions? BTW I cleared all the caches and the caches partition with no luck!!

hotice

Reaction score
I called Verizon Support. They had me reboot a few times, which I had done before. Of course that didn't work, though it's interesting - I noticed that if I go into widgets right after a reboot I can actually get to the end of the alphabet for a short time. It does eventually, before too long, crash. Every subsequent time I go in it crashes. Verizon didn't know what else to do so they had me contact Motorola. Now I'm on the phone with Motorola. The first support person had me reboot again and then clear cache. Of course neither worked. I'm on hold now to talk to second level support.

hotice

Reaction score
Tier two support at Moto spent a lot of time checking things out. Of course their test Maxx HD did not have the issue. I did ask if they have any common apps install on it and they do, for example Facebook and Yahoo Mail. He then had me install a remote control tool so he could see my screen. He was able to consistently reproduce and see the problem. He also had me stop and clear data for Google Services Framework but that didn't work either. I was given a case number and he said they would look into it. The only other suggestion he had was a factory reset but I'm not ready to do that now. I've tried removing a few of my more recently installed apps but that didn't fix it.

mikeyk61

Reaction score
fixed! I removed sugar rush game app and slowly slid through widgets all the way thro

After hours of trouble shooting and weeks of no widgets on New phone. Ahhh. Hope it works for others.
Tier two support at Moto spent a lot of time checking things out. Of course their test Maxx HD did not have the issue. I did ask if they have any common apps install on it and they do, for example Facebook and Yahoo Mail. He then had me install a remote control tool so he could see my screen. He was able to consistently reproduce and see the problem. He also had me stop and clear data for Google Services Framework but that didn't work either. I was given a case number and he said they would look into it. The only other suggestion he had was a factory reset but I'm not ready to do that now. I've tried removing a few of my more recently installed apps but that didn't fix it.

hotice

Reaction score
After hours of trouble shooting and weeks of no widgets on New phone. Ahhh. Hope it works for others.
Nice! Thanks so much for the info. I don't think I have sugar rush installed. I'll look for other apps from that developer.

mikeyk61

Reaction score
update

It might have been candy crush.sorry.in either case it was a game for me.

Nice! Thanks so much for the info. I don't think I have sugar rush installed. I'll look for other apps from that developer.

hotice

Reaction score
Fixed!

Mine is fixed too! The funny thing is I didn't do anything right now. I couldn't find Candy Rush or any other apps by that developer on my phone. I figured I'd try one more time before I start removing other apps and it works now! I can go the whole way through my widgets with no problem! I did do some app cleanup in the last week or so and removed some apps I wasn't using but I totally forgot about the Widget drawer issue at the time. Unfortunatly I don't know which app it was that broke things for me. I'm pretty sure I never had Candy Rush or any apps from that developer.

hotice

Reaction score
Ok, Candy Crush could be one that I had and removed. I think it was a free app of the day from Amazon.

OP
B

bannout

Reaction score
I could not fix it myself. So I gave up and did a factory reset. I have reinstalled most of the apps that were downloaded before. Everything is working fine with the widget drawer. I can not tell you how it was fixed or if it was because one of the apps that I did not reinstall back yet. I will keep watching and checking to see if any one of them is the culprit one.

Mine is fixed too! The funny thing is I didn't do anything right now. I couldn't find Candy Rush or any other apps by that developer on my phone. I figured I'd try one more time before I start removing other apps and it works now! I can go the whole way through my widgets with no problem! I did do some app cleanup in the last week or so and removed some apps I wasn't using but I totally forgot about the Widget drawer issue at the time. Unfortunatly I don't know which app it was that broke things for me. I'm pretty sure I never had Candy Rush or any apps from that developer.