Razr Maxx HD vs. Galaxy s3

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
After the bionic. Im done with Motorola.

You shouldn't judge a family by the red headed stepchild

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

The way Motorola treats there customers is ridiculas.

yuppppp.. I am so done with Motorola
and its not because I don't like the bionic or that its future upgrades won't ever come or that it will take a year plus just to get ics.... its that moto keeps dropping phone after phone one after another slightly after just releasing a "flagship" and making it a tad better or giving a bigger battery or some extra feature... HD isn't out yet and they're already talking about the one after that... if that isn't a slap in the face Idk what is... goodbye Motorola

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

revelated

Reaction score
its that moto keeps dropping phone after phone one after another slightly after just releasing a "flagship" and making it a tad better or giving a bigger battery or some extra feature...

IN other words the same thing Samsung did? Because essentially, they did the same exact thing even if you look at only the Fascinate, the Galaxy Nexus, the Galaxy Note, the Galaxy S, SII, and SIII.

Motorola just so happens to be the only provider that actually thinks about battery life, the one thing lacking in smartphone tech today.

pblakk

Reaction score
that's where I'm at right now. I'm leaning Razr Maxx HD now...but the lack of that one gig of RAM is bothering me. And like you said, the camera as well. I imagine they wouldn't release a phone that doesn't handle its tasks really well...but its hard to say. Ill need to play around with it once it comes out, I think... because that battery, in addition to the radios and sturdiness would be really tough to pass up.

I totally agree with the sturdiness on Motorola. Just today I was at BestBuy and spent a few minutes on the original Razr (I have an HTC Inc. 4g, waiting for the razrr maxx HD), and man that thing is made so well and built solidly even considering how thin the phone is made. I almost went with an s3, but it was going to be a regret, I messed with it a couple different times and in the end it's too slippery, plasticy, and flimsy for me to take serious. Motorola any day, especially the MAXX.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, that's the only problem i have with the s3. I'm sure it's a great phone, but if feels like a toy when i hold it. Otherwise i like it a lot. But Motorola has never let me down and I've owned a number starting with 5 different flip phones, an x2, a Droid 3 and currently og RAZR

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
IN other words the same thing Samsung did? Because essentially, they did the same exact thing even if you look at only the Fascinate, the Galaxy Nexus, the Galaxy Note, the Galaxy S, SII, and SIII.

Motorola just so happens to be the only provider that actually thinks about battery life, the one thing lacking in smartphone tech today.

samsung galaxy june 09
samsung galaxy s (fascinate) june '10
samsung s2 may '11
samsung galaxy nexus november '11
samsung note feb 12 (germany oct 11)
samsung s3 may '12
samsung note 2 oct 12

thats around a year per release... not all were on verizon and phablets are a category of its own ... but nonetheless around a year between release... im not gonna list the 20 phones moto put out since june 09 because the droid1 came out nov 09 but ill list a few

moto droid1 nov 09
moto droidx july10
moto droid2 aug 10
moto droid pro nov 10
moto droidx2 may 11
moto droid3 july 11
moto bionic sept 11
moto razr nov 11
moto razr maxx jan 12
moto droid4 feb 12
moto droid razr m sept 12
moto droid razr hd end 12
moto droid razr maxx hd end 12

+ the atrix line

so 7 phones on verizon since their "flagship" bionic in sept 2011 and 3 samsung phones (s3, note 2 and galaxy nexus) all within a year and a few months

oh and with their new leak of the next moto phone you'll get to enjoy your new maxx hd for about an hour before they tell you that the next one will blow it away.... gs3 has been out 5 months and theres no mention of a successor ... only the next phablet

and as far as battery size is concerned the note 2 comes with a 3100mah REMOVABLE battery that will sure be comparable with the maxx even if the screen is a lot bigger.... no doubt that samsung will put that kinda battery in a smaller phone in the future... but how the phone actually uses the battery is a bit more important than size as ics has gotten better battery life with the maxx and the iphone with a much smaller battery has about the same amount of talk time (if people still use these things to talk lol)

Last edited:

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Motorola doesn't design each phone to be for everyone. They make a phone for everyone. The Droid 2, Droid x and Droid pro were all within a short period, but the 2 was for those who like the qwerty, the x has the large screen and hdmi, and the pro was for your more traditional phone users. Same thing with with the x2 (big screen) and Droid 3.(qwerty) then the RAZR (average smartphone user) the Maxx (huge battery) and the Droid 4 (qwerty). Each has a different appeal. More choices = good thing

Last edited:

joshxdroid

Reaction score
So following that logic, each of those groups is actually one flagship release. The only odd one out is the bionic. Do it's actually in practicality less than Samsung

OP
SynysterBurns91
Reaction score
While its frustrating to have a successor to your phone come out, ill never complain about having a ton of options to choose from. I fully support Motorola having a large lineup. Its not like they're Apple or something (We have ONE product...and its going to have last years specs!!).

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
that would be logical if they went about it that way... but they didn't... DROID bionic is the flagship... than DROID razr is the flagship and then DROID razr maxx is the flagship... if they came out with all 3 and let us decide that would be one thing... not drop one after the other

joshxdroid

Reaction score
sweeeeet said:
that would be logical if they went about it that way... but they didn't... DROID bionic is the flagship... than DROID razr is the flagship and then DROID razr maxx is the flagship... if they came out with all 3 and let us decide that would be one thing... not drop one after the other

Well they announced the M, RAZR hd, and RAZR hd maxx at the same time. So they are doing that. It seems like the majority of the Motorola haters are people who got the bionic, and are sore the RAZR is a better phone

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well they announced the M, RAZR hd, and RAZR hd maxx at the same time. So they are doing that. It seems like the majority of the Motorola haters are people who got the bionic, and are sore the RAZR is a better phone

how is the razr better than the bionic? its the same processor over clocked... when we flash ics they run the same speed... the battery is tiny and can't be swapped... its thin and has heat issues... I fail to see any benefits there.. I wouldn't take a RAZR over a bionic

if anything the razr owners should be sore the razr maxx came out because that's how the phone should've originally been released.. a small battery you can't add an extended battery... what's the point of it? at least with the maxx u have it all in one and u can manage with that unless the battery goes bad

they did do it right this time except for releasing some info on the device coming out behind those 3

I guess I'm wrong for thinking people should get to enjoy their phone for a few months before hearing about the next best thing that's slightly better from that same company.. I miss the days when it was only the droid1 and people got to enjoy it

joshxdroid

Reaction score
If the RAZR isn't better than the bionic, then why it's it always bionic owners whining about Motorola. I hardly ever hear og RAZR owners complaining. I have it and i love it

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
who said I dont love the bionic?

Last edited: