Razr Maxx HD vs. Galaxy s3

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX HD' started by SynysterBurns91, Sep 20, 2012.

1. theguru1974

theguru1974 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Those of you saying the extra GB of RAM on the S3 makes no difference... comparing phones in the store which have virtually no apps on them won't tell you much. The real proof is when you load up the phone with apps, widgets, background running processes, etc. Then which phone wins do you think? That's my biggest gripe with the Razr. 1 GB of RAM just doesn't seem like it will be enough. If anyone is a "power user" and can say different I would love to be wrong. The lack of RAM is the only thing holding me back from the Razr!

2. drew96dawg

drew96dawg Senior Member

Ratings:
    +26
    The only reason the s3 and note 2 have 2gb of ram is because of how demanding touchwiz is. This is especially true in the note since the s-pen has tons of features that aren't available on stock android

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

3. DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP Silver Member

Ratings:
    +21
    Touchwiz is pretty cool though.

4. SynysterBurns91

Ratings:
    +0
    Alright guys and gals, after spending five days with the Razr Maxx HD and five days with the Galaxy s3, I can say without any doubt that the s3 is for me. The camera on it is amazing, the screen is SLIGHTLY better, and this thing never lags for me...and I have a ton of stuff going on it at once, from playing a game and watching a video that's in the corner...to just having a bunch of stuff running in the background.

The Razr Maxx beats it in battery life...and I like how the phone looks more, but to me...that's only a very small portion of what I'm looking to get out of a phone. My Gs3 now has an Otterbox case on it (commuter)...honestly wouldn't recommend that. Buttons on the side are harder than all heck to press. I highly suggest getting one of the cheaper cases at Verizon. They look better, and they're more functional. Not to mention I just ordered an Anker Slimtalk 3200 mAh External battery charger for this thing...which I don't plan on needing all that often. Yesterday, after twenty two hours of moderate usage (phone calls, several hours of screen time and games), I had 30% of my battery left...which was awesome to me.

HOWEVER...the Razr Maxx did have better reception in my area, which was very nice. I came from the Droid X (another Motorola phone), and that one was awesome. The Gs3 just simply does not have AS good of a reception (signal strength) in some areas for me. That being said, I noticed dropped signals (4G) more often with the Razr Maxx. Phone call quality was just about the same, despite the cell reception differences.

If it wasn't for the Gs3 (or the Note 2), I would definitely be going for the Razr Maxx HD. To me, all things considered, they're both amazing phones. But for what I need and use them for...the Gs3 is the way to go.

edit: Also, TouchWiz IS more demanding, but it appears that that extra Gig of RAM accounts for that, and definitely overcomes the Maxx HD in speed and processing.

#208 SynysterBurns91, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  5. Wopback

Wopback Member

Ratings:
    +21
    Nice feedback.....

I originally had the 1st Maxx, so after checking out the HD, the decision to go with the S3 makes my decision the "right" one for me.....

The sw features on the S3 are innovative and have raised the bar for smartphones. Maxx to Maxx HD show few enhancements. In fact moto should have released it 3 months ago.

As for battery, my maxx made it all day with going on the charger for bed with 40% left. My s3 makes it all day with going on the charger for bed with 20% (average). Win either way...

As far as build, yes the S3 feels "cheap", but how many people truly use their phone "naked"? I don't.........

6. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    30 million sold :0

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

7. DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP Silver Member

Ratings:
    +21
    I would love to have either phone lol

8. drew96dawg

drew96dawg Senior Member

Ratings:
    +26
    Do you mean both? :D

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

9. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    id take the s3.. u can have the RAZR... I'm not interested lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

10. TechnologicallyChallenged

Ratings:
    +6
    I have the GS3 and am thinking about trading for the Maxx HD due to the weak reception and dropped calls I'm experiencing with it. I'm not a big fan of the non-removable battery, buy at least I would have my signal back. It's annoying to have dropped calls in areas where I was perfectly fine with my Bionic.

11. TechnologicallyChallenged

Ratings:
    +6
    Also, the data is kind of strange on the GS3. I'll open some apps that require data and they won't load anything until I open the browser which will "trigger" the mobile data to connect. So yeah, the screen is awesome and the camera is great, but I don't feel like the GS3 is meeting MY needs as a user.

#215 TechnologicallyChallenged, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  12. DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP Silver Member

Ratings:
    +21
    I am perfectly fine with my bionic!

Search tags for this page
droid razr hd vs galaxy s3

droid razr maxx hd vs galaxy s3

droid razr maxx hd vs samsung galaxy s3
galaxy s3 vs razr hd