Razr Maxx HD vs. Galaxy s3

OP
SynysterBurns91
Reaction score
I tested every phone for data speeds, and the GS3 definitely out-performed the HD and Razr Maxx. The only other phone in the foreseeable future that could legitimately compete with the GS 3 is the Maxx HD. I was pretty tied between the two for a long while.

Wopback

Reaction score
I think it comes down to preference.

I was a moto loyalist for years (D1, D2, Razr, Maxx, etc.), so when I got the S3 I felt guilty..LOL.

But man!!! the speed, fluidness, and SW features on this phone have just revolutionized the SW market. Yeah the build isnt like moto, but how many peope TRULY leave their phone "naked"??? Screen protector and phone cover are the usuals on every phone. Im still a fan of moto, but I really think Sammy have taken their game to another level. I may be upgrading, but it will possibly be to the Note 2....

pblakk

Reaction score
SynysterBurns91 said:
I tested every phone for data speeds, and the GS3 definitely out-performed the HD and Razr Maxx. The only other phone in the foreseeable future that could legitimately compete with the GS 3 is the Maxx HD. I was pretty tied between the two for a long while.

Just got the maxx HD but messed with the s3 the other day at the same store and I have to also say the s3 was faster on web downloading. I just wanted the MOTO. I have to say the screen on the RAZR HD is nicer though.

huskur

Reaction score
I think it comes down to preference.

I was a moto loyalist for years (D1, D2, Razr, Maxx, etc.), so when I got the S3 I felt guilty..LOL.

But man!!! the speed, fluidness, and SW features on this phone have just revolutionized the SW market. Yeah the build isnt like moto, but how many peope TRULY leave their phone "naked"??? Screen protector and phone cover are the usuals on every phone. Im still a fan of moto, but I really think Sammy have taken their game to another level. I may be upgrading, but it will possibly be to the Note 2....

You took the words right out of my mouth! I am also a MOTO fan but Sammy has taken great strides. I strayed away from moto and went to the SGS3 and it is truly awesome. Not built like a moto but close. I also will be upgrading to the NOTE 2 now that I know its pretty much a GS3 on steriods!!!

geoff5093

Reaction score
You took the words right out of my mouth! I am also a MOTO fan but Sammy has taken great strides. I strayed away from moto and went to the SGS3 and it is truly awesome. Not built like a moto but close. I also will be upgrading to the NOTE 2 now that I know its pretty much a GS3 on steriods!!!
How can you afford upgrading from the GS3 to the Note 2 when the GS3 came out just a few months ago? lol

joshxdroid

Reaction score
geoff5093 said:
How can you afford upgrading from the GS3 to the Note 2 when the GS3 came out just a few months ago? lol

Probably use a second line upgrade? Or someone could sell their s3 and buy the note at full price

xmguy

Reaction score
joshxdroid said:
Probably use a second line upgrade? Or someone could sell their s3 and buy the note at full price

If I could have the Note 2 or GS3 and the RAZR Maxx HD I would. But then again who wouldn't.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

cjsmoove

Reaction score
I checked them both out in the store today. Here is what I noticed:1) The screen on the Razr HD was much brighter, looked better than GSIII2) The unit itself looked much more durable on the Razr HD3) The Razr HD does not take advantage of the bigger screen unless you have a video that will expand in landscape. Otherwise it is just a 4.3" screen. Youtube videos from the web would not expand to the full screen. Youtube videos from the app would. GSIII wins in this dept. 4) Web pages were slow to load on the Razr HD. It was much faster and smoother on the GSIII. It seems the extra RAM does have an impact.

This^^^I went from the bionic to he GS3 and don't plan to switch. Camera is better, your fooling yourself if don't want a better camera, faster. It comes down to which skin do you like and eventhough I liked Blur better the GS3 is the better phone, but to each his own.

Wopback

Reaction score
geoff5093 said:

Not sure about Huskur....but I got 90 day exchange from Costco.

Best place I've ever purchased a phone....lol

StiffOneEye

Reaction score
No Maxx HD Commercials

Anyone notice a single ad for the release of the Maxx HD? I haven't seen one. Just wondering why.

huskur

Reaction score

Buy the Note 2 outright at $700 (guestimate) and sell the GS3 to recoup most of my cost. I can get at LEAST $450 on eBay with its accessories. Just sold my Razr Maxx for $400 on eBay. So I may just keep the SG3 as my back up phone.

So I have the $400 from the sale of my Maxx so its like getting the Note 2 for $300!! Likely I will keep the GS3 for back up. When I got the GS3 the Maxx was the back up.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Buy the Note 2 outright at $700 (guestimate) and sell the GS3 to recoup most of my cost. I can get at LEAST $450 on eBay with its accessories. Just sold my Razr Maxx for $400 on eBay. So I may just keep the SG3 as my back up phone.

So I have the $400 from the sale of my Maxx so its like getting the Note 2 for $300!! Likely I will keep the GS3 for back up. When I got the GS3 the Maxx was the back up.

That's a good plan if I want to get the maxx hd and the n2 but I can't afford both right now

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

npro1464

Reaction score

I know, you guys are really crazy. I get crap all the time from my family for always wanting a new phone, but in reality, I had an enV touch, which was an freaking joke of a phone, I bought a Droid 1 off of Craigslist which was a year old at the time, and then I got suckered into buying a Thunderbolt. Not counting the D1 (which I should have kept longer), all my phones have been pieces of crap. You guys just get the urge to get a new phone every 6 months and boom, you make it happen. And yet, here I am like a schmuck with my lousy Thunderbolt, patiently waiting as best I can because my wife is making me wait. Err!!@#&$%!! :mad:

dan.dar

Reaction score
That's cause they're single. Once you get married you need to justify your toys. Just accidentally drop your thunderbolt into the toilet :-D

Sent from my ADR6330VW using Tapatalk 2