Razr Maxx Default Quick Call Widget Question

paltomare

Reaction score
I have added favorite contacts to the default quick call widget but when I select a contact to call I am presented with a drop down with options to call, call with Skype, text, etc. Is there a way to modify the widget so that it will call by default when selecting the contact?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It should have a box to check that says remember this choice. Mine did. But it will always give u the options bar to choose your action.

sent from my RAZR MAXX

OP
P

paltomare

Reaction score
Not getting that suggestion for a default action, just the option bar every time.

SallyC

Reaction score
There's a list of functions like text, email, call, etc. when you select a contact. I don't know of a way to make it default to which one is used when you pick a contact. But if an option has more than one application on your phone that will do that function, you will get the choice of which one you want to do it with.

OP
P

paltomare

Reaction score
There's a list of functions like text, email, call, etc. when you select a contact. I don't know of a way to make it default to which one is used when you pick a contact. But if an option has more than one application on your phone that will do that function, you will get the choice of which one you want to do it with.

This is the behavior I am seeing on my Maxx, although I thought with a previous Razr I could make it default to call.
Are there other options for direct dial then? I've read you can add a Direct Dial shortcut to the home page but I don't have a Direct Dial shortcut option to select.

SallyC

Reaction score
This is the behavior I am seeing on my Maxx, although I thought with a previous Razr I could make it default to call.
Are there other options for direct dial then? I've read you can add a Direct Dial shortcut to the home page but I don't have a Direct Dial shortcut option to select.

You can do a long press on the home screen, selected Shortcut, App Actions and Direct dial then select the contact you want a shortcut to.

OP
P

paltomare

Reaction score
You can do a long press on the home screen, selected Shortcut, App Actions and Direct dial then select the contact you want a shortcut to.

Ahh, Direct Dial is under App Actions that's what I was missing. Thank you.