Razr Maxx Data issue (and not getting calls)

Jim Droid X

Reaction score
I got my Razr Maxx as soon as the Verizon store opened, I waited for the battery life after returning my original Razr. The battery is awesome, it actually does last all day!

Now off to the issues, and they are major ones. I keep losing my data, and for long periods of time. I called Motorola tech support and they had me download the "restore connectivity settings" app from the app store. It was supposed to fix the issues, and in the 5hrs since I downloaded it I lost the data 4 times (that I noticed). While holding for second level tech support I got hung up on twice. On the third call I was told they had left for the day. You would think they would have fixed this known issue before releasing a new phone! Does anyone have any suggestions?

I am also having trouble receiving all my calls. So far 4 times I have gotten random voicemails when my phone didn't ring. All 4 people said my phone just went to voicemail without ringing and I happened to be in an area with perfect service. Is anyone else having this issue too?

Jim

doggy2965

Reaction score
My Max is running flawless. Maybe you have one with a bad radio I would take it back

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

connorandrew

Reaction score
I agree. I have no problems with the phone. Take advantage of the 14 days and get another one.

MaXGTS

Reaction score
Manufacturer defects is not limited to 14 day return policy. That falls under the 1 year warranty. I had the sales rep at Verizon clarify that for me tonight when I picked up my new Maxx.

dieselpowered

Reaction score
Manufacturer defects is not limited to 14 day return policy. That falls under the 1 year warranty. I had the sales rep at Verizon clarify that for me tonight when I picked up my new Maxx.

That is correct, however, you will receive a refurbished device.

Hail

Reaction score
That's correct but take it to the store u will get a new device .... this phone is a monster!

cruzinray

Reaction score
Happened to me three weeks ago with my razor when i first got it. After three weeks of complaining ive realized that i will have to live with because its a 4g problem. So i traded it for the mazz. If im going to be stuck with one it should at least the mazz. You will learn to get used to it.

dieselpowered

Reaction score
Happened to me three weeks ago with my razor when i first got it. After three weeks of complaining ive realized that i will have to live with because its a 4g problem. So i traded it for the mazz. If im going to be stuck with one it should at least the mazz. You will learn to get used to it.

What is the mazz?

droidaholic1215

Reaction score
MAXX Issues

I've had mine for two days and it has run flawlessly. I upgraded from the Droid RAZR which I'll give to my daughter, since it ran perfectly too (after needing to exchange it TWICE!) It seems you got a lemon. So far, this is the best phone I've EVER owned and I think it's worth it to upgrade. The battery life is AMAZING!!! I did many things on the phone during one charge and it lasted for 27 hours! A tip: if you're not downloading things or surfing the net, just go to settings and turn off the LTE 4G. Running on 3G cuts way down on power usage. Manually go back to LTE if you start needing speed.

donnieworld

Reaction score
Same Problem Here

I'm losing the data connection several times a day too. Missing calls. Phone reports no service. Power Off and On. Data Connection is restored. It is frustrating.

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I agree take it back and get a new one. The call quality is very good on these phones heck everything is great about the Maxx. :)