Razr Maxx - come with SD card?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
To those of you who purchased your Maxx through appropriate channels (i.e. Verizon, Best Buy, etc. and not Craigslist), did your Maxx come with a SD card in addition to the on board storage? And if so, how much?

DocsDad

Reaction score
To those of you who purchased your Maxx through appropriate channels (i.e. Verizon, Best Buy, etc. and not Craigslist), did your Maxx come with a SD card in addition to the on board storage? And if so, how much?

Yes 16gb sd card included

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
weird, I didn't know class 1 existed

freestylesno

Reaction score
yeah i didnt ether at least not in the 16GB size so im kinda confused and curious. unless the I is in terms of microSDHC which is class 4 as its lowest? idk

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Doing some digging / wiki-reading / google image searching... it looks like it could very well be UHS-I

My first one came with a 16gb class 6, but the one I got today had nothing in it... which is the reason for the thread in the first place.

freestylesno

Reaction score
Doing some digging / wiki-reading / google image searching... it looks like it could very well be UHS-I

My first one came with a 16gb class 6, but the one I got today had nothing in it... which is the reason for the thread in the first place.

Ah that makes a lot more sense, i just did some quick looking around my self and see what you mean apparently UHS is to good to fall under the class rating.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Ah that makes a lot more sense, i just did some quick looking around my self and see what you mean apparently UHS is to good to fall under the class rating.

I believe this is correct. The class ratings on these cards are a number in a circle. That is not a number, it's a Roman Numeral I.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Just got mine yesterday and checked what I had, 16gb class 4.

monkeydog

Reaction score
I ask because i believe mine came with a class I :'( View attachment 48442

Mine came with the same card and as other have stated it means UHS-I which is much faster than the standard class rating. Capable of up to 50 MB/s, according to wikipedia. Which if translated to the class system would be a class 50. I ran a test on it though, with h2testw and the microsd card reader on my PC, and it didn't go anywhere near that fast, it wrote at about 4 MB/s and read at about 20 MB/s. Perhaps you need UHS capable hardware to take advantage of the UHS speeds?

I opted to use my old 32gb class 4 in my maxx though. Using the 16gb that came with the phone as a flash drive, with a usb adapter.

Last edited:

Saboran

Reaction score
Mine came with the same card and as other have stated it means UHS-I which is much faster than the standard class rating. Capable of up to 50 MB/s, according to wikipedia. Which if translated to the class system would be a class 50. I ran a test on it though, with h2testw and the microsd card reader on my PC, and it didn't go anywhere near that fast, it wrote at about 4 MB/s and read at about 20 MB/s. Perhaps you need UHS capable hardware to take advantage of the UHS speeds?

I opted to use my old 32gb class 4 in my maxx though. Using the 16gb that came with the phone as a flash drive, with a usb adapter.

So just to verify, a 32 Gig class 4 SDHC card will work? Mine only came with an 8 Gig, and I'm debating whether or not to use my old 16 gig, or get a 32.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So just to verify, a 32 Gig class 4 SDHC card will work? Mine only came with an 8 Gig, and I'm debating whether or not to use my old 16 gig, or get a 32.

That's affirmative. I have read reports of 64GB cards working as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.