Razr Maxx Boot up sound to low?

olona

Reaction score
After the ics update i noticed on power up my Droid was quite,I liked mine loud,How can i turn up the volume?Also im not rooted and don't plan on it .Is there a fix in the market for this?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
There have been a few complaints I have seen on this one, have not see a "fix" for it though. I like it being quiet, I usually have my phone on silent so there is no sound at all which I am glad they fixed that.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
After the ics update i noticed on power up my Droid was quite,I liked mine loud,How can i turn up the volume?Also im not rooted and don't plan on it .Is there a fix in the market for this?

I'm assuming you're talking about the droid sound and the animation noise that comes with the boot up animation. That boot up sound has actually been lower then going back to when the droid 1 and droid 2 were out, and it was reduced because apparently somebody was in a business meeting when it went off and it got them in some kind of trouble. the story goes that that person or persons file the complaint which caused the change in volume.

resolving it back to its original bottom level is not all that difficult but it does require you be routed. the fix is performed by simply replacing the OGG file that is stored in the system media folder that represents the sound for the boot animation with 1 that has a louder sound track.

I have a copy of that track and can post a link to it for your download purposes. There is an alternative way to get it into that folder, by using ADB commands, but it's tricky. if need be we can prepare short bat file that will do it for you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
olona

olona

Reaction score
Foxkat,,But i need to be rooted right??

OP
olona

olona

Reaction score
Theres nothing in the app store i can get?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Foxkat,,But i need to be rooted right??

Theres nothing in the app store i can get?

No, there are only 2 ways to push files into the "root" system directories.
  1. Root the phone and then use a "root" based file management tool
  2. Use the desktop or laptop PC and a USB Cable to send the files to the "root" system directories via ADB commands (which is similar to how it's done during ROM flashing).
If you need help and are not rooted, please PM me.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Check the links listed below to both the OGG file and also to a blue animation version of the boot animation which I changed from the original red. The change from red to blue wasn't originally my idea but I didn't like the quality of the 1 that was done by the OP in the thread listed below those links.

Also the change to the OGG file wasn't done by me and as a matter fact is referenced in 1 of the earlier posts just above us now that that is mentioned about why the boot sound is too low.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?p=2206481
Cyan Razr Diamond Boot Animation

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

androidify

Reaction score
Sry for being a noob but j would love detailed instructions on how to do this and yes im rooted thanks

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Sry for being a noob but j would love detailed instructions on how to do this and yes im rooted thanks

There are instructions in the first post in the link, but you take the two files and place them into the /system/media folder on your phone. Be sure to make backups of your current files so you can revert if needed. Once done just do a reboot and see the new hotness.

OP
olona

olona

Reaction score
Seems kinda hard to do..Maybe I'll just wait for something to show up in the spp store

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
There is an app that can do it for you if you are rooted, called Absolute System Root Tools (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.canvs2321.absolute.system&feature=search_result). It will back up the original animation and sound, and you can import an animation from the SD Card and then install it from the application. It also comes with a HUGE selection of pre-loaded animations, and you can download and install even more. Even better still, it's a font installer, a complete root browser, app manager, ad blocker, SQLite Viewer, and more as well. The app only costs $1.99. It does still have some quirks like not being able to back out of deep menu selections, but you simply go to the home screen, hold the Home button, swipe the app away and then select to restart. The developer is working those kinks out now.

There is a dumb'ed down version of the Boot Animation Installer (https://play.google.com/store/apps/...imation_installer&feature=more_from_developer) from the same developer for only $0.99 if spending the extra dollar is out of your budget (no insult intended). :biggrin:

OP
olona

olona

Reaction score
Ya its a buck but u still need to rooted