Razr Maxx battery

fbarks

Reaction score
My battery life has cut in half after ICS. Should I wait for the update I heard was coming in August to improve battery life after or go ahead with factory reset and reinstall all my apps now?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!

The factory reset is always nice as it wipes the phone and lets you start fresh - many did the FDR after coming from GB and it seemed to help the transition better...

Good luck!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome aboard :) I did an fdr.. it helped greatly.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! :)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I would suggest you visit the http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/217843-mattyps-215-leak-classroom.html and read. There are NUMEROUS benefits to the .215 version (the leaked version of ICS), over the .211 version (the Over the Air Updated version). Also, you should do at least one Factory Data Reset after that update. I have had .215 on my MAXX since it dropped, and I NEVER ran .211 because of all the problems referenced of it.

I typically charge my battery ever other day now, most often getting somewhere between 20 and 30 hours between charges. I've posted numerous pics of the graphs and data proving the success, but I am far from the only one who says this. Nearly all who do the upgrade to .215 report a fresh breath of relief from the problems.

OP
F

fbarks

Reaction score
Factory reset

Thanks for the info. I did the. 215 upgrade but not the Factory Reset yet. I was going to see how it behaves with just the update. If the battery life is much better and I have no other problems do you think I still need to do the Factory Reset also?