Razr Maxx Battery Issues?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by mcal24, Apr 3, 2013.

1. avenged61973

avenged61973 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I would still like to see a factory battery stat shot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

2. TriciaH

TriciaH Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Ohhh good point! As I have been on JB since the 24 Dec push, I forgot that I had to change that right after the installation.

3. mcal24

mcal24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    A factory one usually just says screen about 45% and Android OS about 30-40%.

4. mcal24

mcal24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have noticed that my Phone app has been doing something, although I have yet to use it on this charge. And I just switched over from global to LTE too. Also, I disabled Google Now and Motorola Processes (not sure what those do, but it looked like it could be a problem) and now my keep awake time under Kernel is completely gone. The keep awake time under phone is up to 30+ minutes already though.

View attachment 61876

View attachment 61877

5. aarong03

aarong03 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27
    I'm still trying to figure out why the OS is running so much. Not sure why it is.

View attachment 61878

View attachment 61879

6. bruben7886

bruben7886 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +392
    Is this screen shot right after the phone was idle for some time? If so, kernel will go down as you use the phone. JB is good at using not much else when the phone is sleeping. Kernel will show high % when you wake it up because it's pretty much the only the only thing that was running. As I mentioned in another post, it's kinda like your heartbeat being the system that most used your body's energy while you were sleeping.....after you wake up your arms, legs, etc will use a higher %, so your body's "% meter" will show your heart as using less.

7. _skibum

_skibum Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I'm looking at your stats and I think everything looks fine. Your phone has been on for 10 hours and you have used 6% of your battery. The OS is running, but it is basically just sitting there idle, running it's loop looking for something to do. I think the OS reading is high because your phone has not been doing much of anything else. It says that you are getting an average of 31 hours per charge. Does that seem correct?

The kernel (OS) runs all the time. Its job is to monitor and manage every other thing that runs on the phone. It runs in the background. It processes all input, output, system resource requests from applications, it manages all of the hardware (sensors, memory, radio, screen, GPS, etc.). In short, it does everything all the time. If you stop every other application and service on your phone, 100% of your battery usage would be used by the kernel. If you run a bunch of apps, the amount of battery used by OS will go down because you are looking at a percentage. The OS will still be doing the same amount of work, but other apps will be doing more than they are now. As the percentage of battery used by the apps goes up, the percentage used by the OS will go down.

Sorry for the long windedness. Former UNIX support geek here...

8. GotnFX

GotnFX Active Member

Ratings:
    +32
    Awesome write up skibum! Not challenging you in anyway as I have no clue when it comes to UNIX or programing in general, but weird the tweaks put in JB has caused OS to be higher than ICS..I think this the concern.

9. TriciaH

TriciaH Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Excellent explanation for the OS usage! You are going to have some keep awake time - any streaming apps you use, etc will keep the phone awake. Awake 1 hour out of 10 sure isn't excessive. With the global changed you may find that your battery is heading back towards the good side. You are definitely making progress!

I am really curious why JB changes it to global from LTE. Mine was changed at first too and I know I did not change that.

10. aarong03

aarong03 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27
    Thanks, I just thought it was strange for the Kernal to be running so high overnight. I checked it as soon as I got up this morning and that is the percentage it was running at. But thanks again for the posts, always know I can count on the members here for advice or feedback!!!

11. mcal24

mcal24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Battery seems back to normal today. I still have 1.5 to 2 hours of keep awake time though. No big drop offs or anything today.

View attachment 61889

12. TriciaH

TriciaH Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Awesome! I always have some awake time...if you use the phone you will but mine was running like 9 hours of awake time! Your stats look good! :icon_ banana:

Search tags for this page
droid maxx battery replacement

droid razr maxx battery issues

droid razr maxx battery problems

droid razr maxx battery replacement

droid razr maxx hd battery problems
motorola razr maxx battery issues

razr maxx battery drain

razr maxx battery life problem

razr maxx battery problems

replace razr maxx battery