Razr Maxx Battery Issues?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by mcal24, Apr 3, 2013.

1. mcal24

mcal24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same giant drop off of battery life today. So I downloaded that battery app that someone recommended. I'll post the screenshots of what it said.

View attachment 61775

View attachment 61776

2. avenged61973

avenged61973 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I received a replacement today and after checking and making sure everything worked on it I went and ran some errands. I noticed when I got back that it had a drop from 63-42%. This is one of the reasons I got a replacement! Im going to do a meter calibration tonight and tomorrow night and see if I can get it straightened out. This sudden battery drop seems to be a problem with the update. I can see having 1 phone but 2 phones doing it seems odd.

My other razr thats getting sent back was very well taken care of. I did meter calibrations once a month and on ics the battery seemed to last forever. I couldnt get the meter calibrated these past few days . I noticed when it was charging with the power off it would charge to 80% then skip right to 100%. With the power on it would do the same thing.

I turned my replacement off at about 30% tonight and it charged normally to 100, so im hoping this one will get a good drain tomorrow! Sorry about being long winded im reallygetting frustrated with jelly bean.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk HD

3. GotnFX

GotnFX Active Member

Ratings:
    +32
    In your second pic at the top, it says roundbox and TV guide. What are those?

4. deduct

deduct Senior Member

Ratings:
    +28
    You should wait till at least the low battery warning at 14% to shut phone off and charge to 100%.lately I've been shutting down at 1% and charging while off to full capacity.

5. TriciaH

TriciaH Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Good catch. I just looked at mine and that is not an included process. Appears your phone has been awake for half the time it has been off the charger.

6. TriciaH

TriciaH Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Let us know on the battery life today. JB just is not battery-friendly at all and it is almost too much work to make the phones work! Crossing my fingers every day but mine seems to finally have settled down. Hope your replacement is stable.

7. avenged61973

avenged61973 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    So far it's been good it's been on all night I've been using it moderately this morning and I'm at 73% right now. It charged like it should have powered off so I'm hoping for the best. I

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

8. mcal24

mcal24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Probably a TV guide app that I have. You think that could be the problem? Should I set it so it can't use background data or delete it?

9. TriciaH

TriciaH Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Can you just disable it for a bit and see if there is a difference? May not make any difference at all but could be worth a try. My android OS is at the top of my list too, but I have no awake time associated with it - you have four hours of awake time. IF that is constantly updating, your phone may not be sleeping and that will drain your battery.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  10. GotnFX

GotnFX Active Member

Ratings:
    +32
    @mcal, I am very much in agreement with Tricia. Test it out. Do you really need it? Do you have it set up to do something? The OTA may have done something to this app. If you really need it maybe uninstall.. Then reinstall. It is weird how it shows up in GSam..

11. mcal24

mcal24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, I deleted it. Will let you know how my battery works out tomorrow.

12. TriciaH

TriciaH Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Watch and see if the keep awake time is gone in GSam when you tap the Kernel OS. I have no keep awake time there at all. If that doesn't help, we will try something else!

13. mcal24

mcal24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So my keep awake time kept going up even after I deleted that app, so thats not the problem. Any other suggestions

14. GotnFX

GotnFX Active Member

Ratings:
    +32
    What does GSam say it is?

15. TriciaH

TriciaH Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Rats. Figured that would have been too easy. Lemme think on this. I used an app called Wake Lock Detector. In the app store free. At one point my Gmail went berzerk and was draining the battery and making the phone really hot. That little app showed that it was going nuts. If you want put that on and see what it says is using the battery. You can always uninstall it later. This is the only thing it does is tell you what is keeping the phone awake. Hopefully someone else will have more ideas for you soon. I spent all last week doing this on my phone and it turned out to be my signal at work...kept the phone up all the time.

Search tags for this page
droid maxx battery replacement
droid razr battery life

droid razr maxx battery issues

droid razr maxx battery problems

droid razr maxx battery replacement

droid razr maxx hd battery problems

razr maxx battery drain

razr maxx battery life problem

razr maxx battery problems

replace razr maxx battery