Razr Maxx Battery Issues?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by mcal24, Apr 3, 2013.

1. GotnFX

GotnFX Active Member

Ratings:
    +32
    I'd test it out..shut it all off and see if it still stays on. Do a battery calibration and set up smart actions to turn off WiFi and data when your screen is off and phone isnt moving.

Have you FDR your phone? The reason why I ask is because something during the update maybe causing your battery drain. If you don't want to FDR, slowly uninstall apps you don't use one at a time and see how the phone responds when that apps isn't on your phone. It may not be a downloaded app and could be a system app..but if that is the case, then an FDR (Id do 2) would be the best thing to do..

2. ToeJamm

ToeJamm New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As mentioned earlier I would also check the Google Now settings and disable any options you don't want to use. Google Now was one of the biggest additions to JB and as I recall when I first took the update there were 4-5 cards turned on (traffic, weather, sports, etc). These all update in the background and are going to use juice. Don't know how they show up on GSAM, however.

3. weatherlover1

weatherlover1 Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    So if you turn off wifi and data when the screen is off what is the point? Not being snarky just curious what kind of battery life are you looking for? The biggest drain for me is data so when I am on wifi I turn off my data. Also i dont think Google Now is that bad on battery. I have used my phone moderately today and I am at 41%. I have had battery issues before but it was some app causing the issues. I am just wondering how long you want to go before having to charge?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

4. mcal24

mcal24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  5. avenged61973

avenged61973 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I received a replacement today and after checking and making sure everything worked on it I went and ran some errands. I noticed when I got back that it had a drop from 63-42%. This is one of the reasons I got a replacement! Im going to do a meter calibration tonight and tomorrow night and see if I can get it straightened out. This sudden battery drop seems to be a problem with the update. I can see having 1 phone but 2 phones doing it seems odd.

My other razr thats getting sent back was very well taken care of. I did meter calibrations once a month and on ics the battery seemed to last forever. I couldnt get the meter calibrated these past few days . I noticed when it was charging with the power off it would charge to 80% then skip right to 100%. With the power on it would do the same thing.

I turned my replacement off at about 30% tonight and it charged normally to 100, so im hoping this one will get a good drain tomorrow! Sorry about being long winded im reallygetting frustrated with jelly bean.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk HD

6. GotnFX

GotnFX Active Member

Ratings:
    +32
    In your second pic at the top, it says roundbox and TV guide. What are those?

7. deduct

deduct Senior Member

Ratings:
    +28
    You should wait till at least the low battery warning at 14% to shut phone off and charge to 100%.lately I've been shutting down at 1% and charging while off to full capacity.

8. TriciaH

TriciaH Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Good catch. I just looked at mine and that is not an included process. Appears your phone has been awake for half the time it has been off the charger.

9. TriciaH

TriciaH Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Let us know on the battery life today. JB just is not battery-friendly at all and it is almost too much work to make the phones work! Crossing my fingers every day but mine seems to finally have settled down. Hope your replacement is stable.

10. avenged61973

avenged61973 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    So far it's been good it's been on all night I've been using it moderately this morning and I'm at 73% right now. It charged like it should have powered off so I'm hoping for the best. I

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

11. mcal24

mcal24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Probably a TV guide app that I have. You think that could be the problem? Should I set it so it can't use background data or delete it?

12. TriciaH

TriciaH Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Can you just disable it for a bit and see if there is a difference? May not make any difference at all but could be worth a try. My android OS is at the top of my list too, but I have no awake time associated with it - you have four hours of awake time. IF that is constantly updating, your phone may not be sleeping and that will drain your battery.

#24 TriciaH, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
Search tags for this page
droid maxx battery replacement

droid razr maxx battery issues

droid razr maxx battery problems

droid razr maxx battery replacement

droid razr maxx hd battery problems
motorola razr maxx battery issues

razr maxx battery drain

razr maxx battery life problem

razr maxx battery problems