Razr Maxx Battery Issues?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by mcal24, Apr 3, 2013.

1. mcal24

mcal24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My battery is no longer anything special. It will be dead mid-afternoon on some days. There are also sudden jumps that I have no idea what might be causing them. Anyone know what could be causing this or ideas on how to fix it?
    [​IMG]

2. quickmedic

quickmedic New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ever since the update mine is just like that. Wish I could go back to ics.

3. TriciaH

TriciaH Member

Ratings:
    +8
    There are several long threads about battery life and JB with a lot of good ideas and tips on finding out what is draining it. Check them out. You are not alone in this issue. Check em out...something may help you!

4. avenged61973

avenged61973 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    This is what my battery started doing yesterday. If I was you I would try doing a meter calibration. I went to Verizon today and they are sending me a replacement but I have other issues too.

If you haven't already, the first thing I would do is an fdr. Then after the fdr I would fdr again to make sure you got everything. This update hasn't been fun.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  5. Rhino94

Rhino94 Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Screw ICS I wish I could go back to GB just to get my awesome 2 day battery life back.

6. Rhino94

Rhino94 Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Here is mine. I charged mine for like 10 min but I think you guys need to do some optimization like less auto brightness. Turn off auto detect WiFi that is horrible on battery. There is a bunch of other stuff but just go through and turn off anything you don't NEED. I did it and no I get like 10 to 12 hours of battery's when I use to on ICS only get 6 hours. I'm pretty heavy user too..

7. Rhino94

Rhino94 Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Here is a better screenshot I didn't realize I got the volume thing on the first one

8. deduct

deduct Senior Member

Ratings:
    +28
    First thing I did when I got my maxx last weekend was update to jb and drain battery till it shut off and calibrate it by charging while off. Battery has been awesome as this size of battery should be. Maybe y'all should try to calibrate soon.

9. TriciaH

TriciaH Member

Ratings:
    +8
    If you don't already use it, GSam battery monitor, free in the app store, will tell you what is using your battery. You may have a misbehaving app that has not been optimized for JB. If it is wake locks keeping your phone awake, there is an app called Wakelock Detector free in the app store also that will tell you what is keeping the phone awake.

Do any of you have Google Now enabled? Is it constantly refreshing locations or searching for your location?

Also, I have let my battery go down to 15% to calibrate but I have never let it go down so low the phone has shut off. Always read that letting it kill totally was not a good idea.

My battery life right now is about back to normal for me. However, last week I was at my wit's end trying to second guess what this phone was going to do. JB is definitely not a ready for prime time update. The half-baked one erroneiously releasted on Christmas Eve (which was pushed to my phone) was more stable than the final build.

10. TriciaH

TriciaH Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Do you actually have a wifi connection? I see at the top of your screen show "wifi network available". But your wifi line is solid blue all the way across. There have been reported issues of wifi not turning off even after you turn it off. I do not see any icons on your notification bar as to whether you are actually using wifi or a 3/4G signal. If you are not actually using wifi, but the phone thinks you are, that will sap your battery.

11. GotnFX

GotnFX Active Member

Ratings:
    +32
    Tricia is correct! It looks like your WiFi is always on. I had this problem no matter if I had everything off. My suggestion at a minimum is do 2 Factory Data Rest (FDR) and a battery calibration. A battery cal is done by letting battery run to battery low warning level..turn off phone and charge fully while off to 100%. Then turn on phone and repeat the process a second time. After the 2nd cycle you can charge and use phone as normal. No need to always charge phone while off...that spike leads me to believe your battery meter is off.

If you are still getting WiFi being on, my second suggestion would be to reflash, JB.

12. mcal24

mcal24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have had wifi on and been using it most of the time. I'm on a college campus, so I almost always have access to wifi. It must have just disconnected for a second when I took that screenshot. I'll probably try resetting it.

13. GotnFX

GotnFX Active Member

Ratings:
    +32
    I'd test it out..shut it all off and see if it still stays on. Do a battery calibration and set up smart actions to turn off WiFi and data when your screen is off and phone isnt moving.

Have you FDR your phone? The reason why I ask is because something during the update maybe causing your battery drain. If you don't want to FDR, slowly uninstall apps you don't use one at a time and see how the phone responds when that apps isn't on your phone. It may not be a downloaded app and could be a system app..but if that is the case, then an FDR (Id do 2) would be the best thing to do..

14. ToeJamm

ToeJamm New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As mentioned earlier I would also check the Google Now settings and disable any options you don't want to use. Google Now was one of the biggest additions to JB and as I recall when I first took the update there were 4-5 cards turned on (traffic, weather, sports, etc). These all update in the background and are going to use juice. Don't know how they show up on GSAM, however.

15. weatherlover1

weatherlover1 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    So if you turn off wifi and data when the screen is off what is the point? Not being snarky just curious what kind of battery life are you looking for? The biggest drain for me is data so when I am on wifi I turn off my data. Also i dont think Google Now is that bad on battery. I have used my phone moderately today and I am at 41%. I have had battery issues before but it was some app causing the issues. I am just wondering how long you want to go before having to charge?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Search tags for this page
droid maxx battery replacement
droid razr battery life

droid razr maxx battery issues

droid razr maxx battery problems

droid razr maxx battery replacement

droid razr maxx hd battery problems

razr maxx battery drain

razr maxx battery life problem

razr maxx battery problems

replace razr maxx battery