razr maxx $.01 at amazon for new customers only?

wvdroidman

Reaction score
I saw yesterday where the razr maxx is $.01 for all customers. Then I went to go buy it today and it is NOW $50 for upgrades. Did they actually change the price overnight?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Are you picking it as new customer or renew? If renew then that's the price you pay. New verizon customers get to pay the penny.

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
ok will i be better off getting the maxx for $50 or the razr m for $.01?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Each have pros and cons. Maxx you'll get better battery life, but the M has better specs and is newer. So you'll get more official updates and what not.

I'm assuming BTW you're talking about the original MAXX and not MAXX HD.

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
yes the maxx. My thunderbolt extended battery lasts me usually 2 days before a charge if that matters. Yes I do want a phone that will last 2 years be updated when my contract is up unlike the thunderbolt I have now.

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
also does the razr m have the gorilla glass and kevlar like the maxx?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
also does the razr m have the gorilla glass and kevlar like the maxx?

Yup!

yes the maxx. My thunderbolt extended battery lasts me usually 2 days before a charge if that matters. Yes I do want a phone that will last 2 years be updated when my contract is up unlike the thunderbolt I have now.

Well the M JUST got Android 4.1 while the MAXX has Android 4.0. It should receive 4.1 sometime next year and MAYBE 4.2.

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
how is the battery on the m and signal? Will it be as good as my thunderbolt and make me forget about my thunderbolt? I haven't found one yet that has the battery life and signal of the thunderbolt plus durability. Most I am guarding with my life whereas if I drop my thunderbolt it may fall apart but it comes back almost unscathed.

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
is the question about the razr m better asked in that forum or can it be asked here? I don't want to start too many threads.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I would go into the Razr M forum. Personally I don't know a lot about about the M in terms of durability and signal.