Razr M Bootanimation on Your Droid Razr!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video]www.viddler.com/embed/d5f9a8a3/?f=1&offset=0&autoplay=0&secret=60651103&disablebr anding=0&view_secret=60651103[/video]

You can check out the new bootanimation at the video link above.

Installation is simple just grab the bootanimation.zip from the link below, Using RootExplorer navigate to the System/Media folder , mount r/w, rename the existing bootanimation.zip file to bootanimation.bak incase you want to restore it later, then move the new bootanimation.zip to this folder, reboot and enjoy then new bootanimation.

Grab the bootanimation here

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Works nicely on my Bionic. I like it when the screen dims and the red is very bright.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You know, all these leaks of products with restricted phones and such have identifying information that is supposed to keep the employee from leaking this information. I see the yellow tape hiding that information on this phone as we've seen so many times before, but I've never seen that new logo at the bottom...

I wonder... Look at that M with the circle around it and notice that the circle is digitally segmented. Could that be a code that would help to identify the leak source by Motorola? If it is, it's sure clever...and if it isn't, it woudn't be too hard to create such a "digital signature" either in the phone's face or perhaps even easier...in a frame of the boot animation, that would "out" the mole!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Does anybody want this in ICS BLUE??? :icon_ devil:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
bacK_N_87 said:
Cant get the sound to work.

Someone in the linked topic was having the same problem. Thy posted how they fixed it.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Droid Forums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
You know, all these leaks of products with restricted phones and such have identifying information that is supposed to keep the employee from leaking this information. I see the yellow tape hiding that information on this phone as we've seen so many times before, but I've never seen that new logo at the bottom...

I wonder... Look at that M with the circle around it and notice that the circle is digitally segmented. Could that be a code that would help to identify the leak source by Motorola? If it is, it's sure clever...and if it isn't, it woudn't be too hard to create such a "digital signature" either in the phone's face or perhaps even easier...in a frame of the boot animation, that would "out" the mole!

Hmm, very interesting! I wonder too! Pretty clever of Moto if it is.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
EA.Droyd said:
Do I have to be rooted to do this boot animation?

Yes. You need root access to the system folder.

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
tjk629 said:
Someone in the linked topic was having the same problem. Thy posted how they fixed it.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Droid Forums

Thanks. I forgot to move the audio files over.