Razr issues

jhpark213

Reaction score
So far I'm loving the new razr, but there is this one thing that kinda bothers me. Whenever I play games such as angry birds or fruit ninja the screen freezes occasionally. It freezes for a few seconds and goes back to normal. I searched through google and read that the ads that come with the free app may be the reason.

Is any of you experiencing this problem?

Oh and when I check the ram Usage, it says I only have about 300 or so free rams even when I kill all running apps. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

denig

Reaction score
Same here!
Tried wiping the phone clean and reinstalled...with no success.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So far I'm loving the new razr, but there is this one thing that kinda bothers me. Whenever I play games such as angry birds or fruit ninja the screen freezes occasionally. It freezes for a few seconds and goes back to normal. I searched through google and read that the ads that come with the free app may be the reason.

Oh and when I check the ram Usage, it says I only have about 300 or so free rams even when I kill all running apps. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance!

Any apps that use advertisement as its means to compensation can stall with those ads, because at times the original advertisers are either no longer existent or their server addresses or page addresses change causing it to stall while trying to pull the ad in. There's nothing you can do about it except purchase the full version without advertisement. :frown:

ddfuji

Reaction score

Thanks in advance!

i have had the same issue on other devices. so its not just the razr. ive seen it happen with ipod touch, droid incredibale and droid 2. i would guess its the ads also. it makes sense.

denig

Reaction score
i have had the same issue on other devices. so its not just the razr. ive seen it happen with ipod touch, droid incredibale and droid 2. i would guess its the ads also. it makes sense.

Not true...... I'm using the full (ad free) version of fruit ninja-PUss in boots.

Zandar

Reaction score
I have the same slowdown in Fruit Ninja and Hex Defense. I didn't have this on my Tegra 2 device. I'm guessing it's the way the app plays with the CPU/GPU, and you'll just have to live with it.

Also, stop killing apps unless you need to.

Josebunbury

Reaction score
I usually play them in airplane mode and have no issue..!!!! I usually play games while on the bus or on the train as reception thru tunnels sucks I really don't mind getting my calls or texts but it might not be an option for some people..dancedroid

TopherG

Reaction score
Hey guys Im haveing issues my razr is doing something really weird. For no reason at all it will turn off my notification tone and only vibrate when I get text messages. I have tried changing it in the settings menu but it does not help and the phone is not on vibrate mode and the ringer is all the way up I have no idea what is going on. Also My live forest wallpaper does not work has anyone else had this problem

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Hey guys Im haveing issues my razr is doing something really weird. For no reason at all it will turn off my notification tone and only vibrate when I get text messages. I have tried changing it in the settings menu but it does not help and the phone is not on vibrate mode and the ringer is all the way up I have no idea what is going on. Also My live forest wallpaper does not work has anyone else had this problem

Some quick questions;

• Are you using the stock sms application?
  • Are you using the stock home screen application (launcher)?
  • Have you installed any utilities to control things such as volume control?
The wallpaper thing has me a bit stumped, but the notification going to vibrate should be fairly simple to isolate and resolve.

TopherG

Reaction score
I dont think so on any of those questions. You will have to forgive me I switched from an Iphone to a droid and its a lot different. I dont have any ring tone apps to change things with. It is currently set to the droid alert tone where it says droid. And everything else is just the droid factory set up I think

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I dont think so on any of those questions. You will have to forgive me I switched from an Iphone to a droid and its a lot different. I dont have any ring tone apps to change things with. It is currently set to the droid alert tone where it says droid. And everything else is just the droid factory set up I think

Ok, that answers a lot for me. I assume you got the phone new? The issue you are having with the notification volume and vibrate are not normal and considering you are essentially running stock, out of the box, there is no good reason I can come up with for what your phone is doing.

If anyone else can lend a hand, please feel free to jump in.

jmurra

Reaction score
My Razr doing the same thing and it is also stock.

Same issue with my Razr on the notification.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Have you checked in the actual Text Messaging settings instead of just the sound settings menu? If you open text messaging and hit the menu button (the three little bars) and go to Messaging Settings and scroll all the way down. Make sure vibrate isn't checked there and that you correct ringtone is selected. Also you don't have maybe a toggle setup on your home screen for silent mode that might be accidentally getting pushed do you?