RAZR is real glitchy!?!?

joemeigs8

Reaction score
My RAZR is glitchy. The touch screen is just glitchy and twitchy. When I'm typing the keyboard will type a key I didn't even press. The only solution I have is to lock the phone then unlock. This problem is really annoying. It does this frequently. Any suggestions? Do you think Verizon will give me a new phone?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
My RAZR is glitchy. The touch screen is just glitchy and twitchy. When I'm typing the keyboard will type a key I didn't even press. The only solution I have is to lock the phone then unlock. This problem is really annoying. It does this frequently. Any suggestions? Do you think Verizon will give me a new phone?

Yes, the should. That is abnormal behavior. I've had the Razr since 11/11/11 and never experienced that.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
My MAXX is the most stable Android phone I've ever had, and I've had a lot. So, if yours is extremely glitchy, something is wrong.

Have you tried doing a factory reset? In many cases, problems are caused by user-installed apps. Before Verizon will even think about giving you a different phone (it won't be new, it will be factory re-certified), a factory reset is something they'll have you do.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

Let me guess, this is happening when you are plugged into the charger cable? If so, this is a known problem and although it's no where near as bad with the stock charger, it's absolutely horrible with most third-party chargers.

OP
joemeigs8

joemeigs8

Reaction score
Let me guess, this is happening when you are plugged into the charger cable? If so, this is a known problem and although it's no where near as bad with the stock charger, it's absolutely horrible with most third-party chargers.

No I've read about that on the internet but the charger has no effect with my problem.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
This sounds very familiar. :p remember FoxKat? I hounded this forum the entire month of February about this type of stuff lol.

In doing this, you will have to set up your home screen again, but it helped me and others,

When my device was doing this, I had to wind up doing this, settings, applications. Manage applications, all, home screen, clear data.

Clear all of your caches, and get something like history dresser and make sure your device isn't bogged down with old data that you no longer need.

How much ram have you used? What's available? Do you have a bunch of music on your device? Move it to the ext-SD card.

Hope this helps?

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!!