Razr is just a glorified X3...

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Is it me or is the Razr a hopped up X3? I mean just look at it, just about same design, some tweaks... Up from 1.0 to 1.2 ghz processor, a front camera, and an lte chip. The DroidX was nice but the X2 was kinda blah seeing that they didnt really do much with it other than do just enough to print new ads. Oh and I almost forgot, the Razr has gingerbread smh but wait ICS is 'coming soon' I'd guess around valentines day... These are all things that should be expected, nothing really eye popping to me especially with the Nexus about to come out. To me all Moto did was basically that the X and X2 chassis and bring it up the date with the specs, not special...but hey, thts just me, Im just a college kid about to take a nap before I finish my day doing hospital rotations...see ya...

GeneralZod

Reaction score
These are all things that should be expected, nothing really eye popping to me especially with the Nexus about to come out. To me all Moto did was basically that the X and X2 chassis and bring it up the date with the specs, not special...
Is any device truly "eye-popping", compared to the batch of devices it follows?

The differences between the Prime, the Bionic and the RAZR are mostly negligible, and largely a matter of personal preference. For instance, I'd much rather have a removable SD card, than a removable battery. So, that makes the RAZR the more appealing option for me than the Prime. I could care less about modding... so I don't really care about the locked boot loader that comes with the RAZR. And finally, I prefer the build quality and call quality of a Motorola to a Samsung. Again, just a matter of personal preference. And as a very satisfied DX owner, I have no problems with Motorola offering me a superior version of the DX as my next upgrade.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think the RAZR should've been the X2. But it doesn't matter, as no Motorola product excites me anymore. Tons of letdowns...

Boot Manager

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I think the RAZR should've been the X2. But it doesn't matter, as no Motorola product excites me anymore. Tons of letdowns...

Boot Manager

I was thinking the same thing last night. Razr/X2! I like it!

electric6

Reaction score
For me reception is king, as I use my phone for business phone calls, email, drawings, pdfs, etc,. Thusly moto stands to be the best option. While the design may be inspired from the DX, it is only distantly related. The frame is completely different, as are the soft keys, lock, switch, SOC, camera, flash, FFC, and the list goes on. It does not share the same frame, SOC, and many other things. I will agree in that it is the "spiritual successor" of the DX so to speak but to say its just a sequal is a bit quick.:icon_eek:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
For me reception is king, as I use my phone for business phone calls, email, drawings, pdfs, etc,. Thusly moto stands to be the best option. While the design may be inspired from the DX, it is only distantly related. The frame is completely different, as are the soft keys, lock, switch, SOC, camera, flash, FFC, and the list goes on. It does not share the same frame, SOC, and many other things. I will agree in that it is the "spiritual successor" of the DX so to speak but to say its just a sequal is a bit quick.:icon_eek:

While Motorola has had a reputation for signal quality, I don't think that's the case anymore. My X is worse than my moms LG Ally and some other phones I have compared it with.

Boot Manager

debdroid1a

Reaction score
That's how a lot of Android phones are. They release them quickly and you see very little improvement from one phone to the next.

However, I will see a massive improvement from a Droid 4, since I'm currently using a Droid 1 (not rooted). The D2 or D3 wouldn't have been much of an improvment, although the D3 might have been... But the D4 :woot:

Well okay, I shouldn't say just Android Phones, the iphones are the same...

Each new phone offers something a little better then the last.

ETA: The Razr would have been a consideration for me until I read about the D4. Love physical keyboards.

illmatic636

Reaction score
That's how a lot of Android phones are. They release them quickly and you see very little improvement from one phone to the next.

However, I will see a massive improvement from a Droid 4, since I'm currently using a Droid 1 (not rooted). The D2 or D3 wouldn't have been much of an improvment, although the D3 might have been... But the D4 :woot:

Well okay, I shouldn't say just Android Phones, the iphones are the same...

Each new phone offers something a little better then the last.

ETA: The Razr would have been a consideration for me until I read about the D4. Love physical keyboards.

iPhone is def not the same. They come out with a new iPhone once a year. It's true that not much changes, but it is always silky smooth UI IOS is. Sorry about the bad grammar

catfisher

Reaction score
I love my X, and if the Razr is an updated one...I want it. I have had this phone forever and it always works great for me. I don't need "eye popping," I need reliable firmware with good reception...like the X.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
K

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Is any device truly "eye-popping", compared to the batch of devices it follows?

The differences between the Prime, the Bionic and the RAZR are mostly negligible, and largely a matter of personal preference. For instance, I'd much rather have a removable SD card, than a removable battery. So, that makes the RAZR the more appealing option for me than the Prime. I could care less about modding... so I don't really care about the locked boot loader that comes with the RAZR. And finally, I prefer the build quality and call quality of a Motorola to a Samsung. Again, just a matter of personal preference. And as a very satisfied DX owner, I have no problems with Motorola offering me a superior version of the DX as my next upgrade.

well id dare say the nexus is 'eye popping' with tht 4.65 inch display and no physical buttons, new os, non bloated with useless apps youll never (youre lying if u say u do use them or they dont bother u being in the way), first to get updates.

and where is all this build quality and reception coming from? go thru the forums or to ur local verizon store, theyll tell u a lot of motos had problem... A LOT!! Samsung has gotta be doing something right to be blessed and knighted as nexus...
Not that im tryin to knock moto cus i got the OG babbbyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its like my 4th one tho smh lol

typed this with one hand cus the other is eating pizza, nothing like pepperoni pie after clinicals... mmm mmm good...

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Just my thought. A phones shelf life is 9 months, after that Verizon ditches it for something new. The DX2 is only 6 months old but I'm wondering if the end is near for it. I can't see moto bringing out another high end phone and not replacing it with something else regardless of Verizon even letting them.

The Bionic just came out and didn't replace anything, now u have another high end phone coming and not replacing anything. The name Razr will sell itself and although X has made a name in the community I just see the Razr taking its place hence why it resembles it in a way.

Their was early speculations about it replacing the bionic but I just don't see that happening. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my Moto Droid

Heywood

Reaction score
Samsung has gotta be doing something right to be blessed and knighted as nexus...

I agree. Samsung is throwing $$$$ at the right...er...shall we say...influencing decisions in the right way

GeneralZod

Reaction score
well id dare say the nexus is 'eye popping' with tht 4.65 inch display and no physical buttons...
Again... it's all about personal preference. I think a 4.65" display is too big, and I like having physical buttons.

... new os, non bloated with useless apps youll never...
An OS which the RAZR and the Bionic will get, and bloatware that can easily be frozen.

...(youre lying if u say u do use them or they dont bother u being in the way)
So... if my opinion differs from yours, "I'm lying"? That's an incredibly open-minded and intelligent stance.

...and where is all this build quality and reception coming from? go thru the forums or to ur local verizon store, theyll tell u a lot of motos had problem... A LOT!!
I actually don't much care what reps tell me; they're generally poorly informed. Regardless... is there only glorious praise and zero complaints in the Samsung forums? I think not. So, I'll stick with what my own ears tell me, and what review after review confirms.

Samsung has gotta be doing something right to be blessed and knighted as nexus...
True... I guess that's why Google purchased Samsung... oh wait... they got into bed with Motorola.

Last edited:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Physical buttons that Moto has done suck. My X's buttons are loose and feel like they are going to fall off. The screen is only .35 inches larger. The lack of physical buttons and the way the screen is, it shouldn't make the phone larger by much, if any.

As for complaints, its not like the Motorola forums are trouble free either. I know I have had issues and on my 2nd DX.

Google bought Motorola because of the patents. The first cell phone call was made in 1973 by Motorola, so they have amassed a ton of patents in that time that Google obviously wanted for Android. Nothing more, nothing less. Motorola still likes Blur for their phones and locked bootloaders.

I think everybody likes Motorola because they have been a presence in cell technology for so long. That's what they specialize in. I also think that because of this, the perception of other manufacturers is unrealistic and the brand loyal people like to discredit other manufacturers.

Boot Manager

rkeller62

Reaction score
...Motorola still likes Blur for their phones and locked bootloaders...

Interesting to me that a lot of UI elements from the latest "Blur" implementations (D3, Bionic, RAZR) that everyone loves to hate have made their way into ICS, which everyone can't wait to have.