RAZR ice cream Sandwhich

ice456789

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out if this is a Razr question posted in the wrong forum or just another one of those megapixel discussions that have been done to death.

Either way, if the camera is the most important thing then you won't be buying the Nexus or the Razr. If ICS is important then there's only one place to go right now.

Vakharn

Reaction score
Frankly the zero lag camera is a gimmick. I wish they gave the option to force the camera not to take a picture until it is focused. What is the point of taking out of focus photos? I realize that the whole zero shutter lag thing is based around the idea that this camera has continuous autofocus, but in practice it just doesn't work. I wound up getting the ZOOM EX camera app which consistanty gives me significantly better pictures especially if I use the shake detection shutter delay function.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out if this is a Razr question posted in the wrong forum or just another one of those megapixel discussions that have been done to death.

Either way, if the camera is the most important thing then you won't be buying the Nexus or the Razr. If ICS is important then there's only one place to go right now.

You know, I'm not sure where to move this thread, lol. I think OP is still in limbo about choosing between the razr and nexus but it is about the razr so maybe I should move it there.

Edit..moved thread

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
I believe the Bionic is an exception. Verizon and Motorola have clearly been trying to forget the Bionic in favor of the RAZR. I think that's wrong of them but it's true.

And again with the false truisms? Hardware is not software specific unless the software handles processing power fundamentally different.(favoring one chipset over another) (i.e. Most video games on a computer with i7).

The main difference between the RAZR and Nexus is the OMAP4460 which is the same dual core processor (Cortex A9) clocked at 1.5 instead of 1.2. And the GPU clocked at 384 instead of 304.

The Nexus is faster but the hardware does not preclude the RAZR from being optimal ICS. It may preclude it from loading as fast as the Nexus on something that needs the full processing power but nothing else.

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums

again with the "false truisms"? LOL

processor speeds make no difference if you have bad software and skins causing lag as with most all android phones, except for there nexus. you don't have top root the nexus to eliminate lag ;)

also, if you believe "the bionic is the exception", you're sadly mistaken. you must not be aware of the fact that Moto pulled the update for ALL it's previous 3g android phones a day or two after release due to major issues. now that's a "false truism". lmao

Reaction score
Frankly the zero lag camera is a gimmick. I wish they gave the option to force the camera not to take a picture until it is focused. What is the point of taking out of focus photos? I realize that the whole zero shutter lag thing is based around the idea that this camera has continuous autofocus, but in practice it just doesn't work. I wound up getting the ZOOM EX camera app which consistanty gives me significantly better pictures especially if I use the shake detection shutter delay function.

it's a far more usefull gimmick than the razr's kevlar "protection" and "splash proof" nonsense.

my GN camera works great. best phone camera i've ever had :D

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
i have no lag on my Razr....and I get clear pic's....all the time....with my minimal shutter...thank god it isn't zero lag....would hate to have a "flagship" that can't take pic's.

But performance as well as ability to take clear shots are important to me....not so with everyone.

This will go on forever. But to me...a FACT....again to me...is Moto's hardware sets the standard....Samsungs only hope lies in displays.

If this phone they call the Nexus was anything else than a Nexus...and lacked ICS....it wouldn't even be considered. Think about it....every review you see on the Razr is about performance, looks, and build.....all you hear about with the GN is ICS.

now that is a fact.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
it's a far more usefull gimmick than the razr's kevlar "protection" and "splash proof" nonsense.

my GN camera works great. best phone camera i've ever had :D

oh....and regarding the "splash proof" I totally agree.....I have ran my razr under the sink and have had no issues....and more than once....so "splash proof" would be a serious understatement.

Who want's to compare water exposure capablities between the GN and the Razr....come on...."it's just a gimimck" remember:D

Surely ICS has something for that....:happy3:

Androidatic

Reaction score
When the GN came out I took my Razr to the store to compare various features, one of which was the camera, mainly shutter time. The GN was a little faster, but only a little. The time could not be measured in seconds, only fractions of a second.

If that much of a time difference is that important to you then you need a dedicated camera, not the one in your phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
again with the "false truisms"? LOL

processor speeds make no difference if you have bad software and skins causing lag as with most all android phones, except for there nexus. you don't have top root the nexus to eliminate lag ;)

also, if you believe "the bionic is the exception", you're sadly mistaken. you must not be aware of the fact that Moto pulled the update for ALL it's previous 3g android phones a day or two after release due to major issues. now that's a "false truism". lmao

I mentioned processor speed because that's the only difference between the hardware of the phones but now you're saying the skinning precludes the phone?

The RAZR has vanilla Gingerbread so they're going to completely rebuild their software for it and skin ICS? That doesn't make any sense.

"ALL" their phones? I don't have "ALL" their phones. But my DROID 2 update was not pulled. DROID 2 Global was not pulled. DROID Pro was not pulled. I don't know about "ALL" these phones man. OH you mean the DROID X when you say "ALL" these phones. Sorry I thought we were speaking english.

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums

equake

Reaction score
The RAZR is skinned and see no reason it won't be when ICS gets released for update. LowLight photos will always be the bain of all these Smartphones.

Gleason81

Reaction score
Android 4.0 Platform Highlights | Android Developers

once razr get the update shouldnt it gain the zero shutter lag

evyeone tells me nexus owns most cell inculding the razr yet im rly turnd off on nexus 5 mp cam plseas help em pick a cell idk

really leanign towards the razr but idk might like the nexus HELPSSSSSSSS

Where did you get your information that ICS on the RAZR will result in zero shutter lag?

x25064

Reaction score
i have no lag on my Razr....and I get clear pic's....all the time....with my minimal shutter...thank god it isn't zero lag....would hate to have a "flagship" that can't take pic's.

But performance as well as ability to take clear shots are important to me....not so with everyone.

This will go on forever. But to me...a FACT....again to me...is Moto's hardware sets the standard....Samsungs only hope lies in displays.

If this phone they call the Nexus was anything else than a Nexus...and lacked ICS....it wouldn't even be considered. Think about it....every review you see on the Razr is about performance, looks, and build.....all you hear about with the GN is ICS.

now that is a fact.

u mad bro?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. The GSII's TouchWiz and Moto's Blur are more fluid and smoother than stock Android. This is not about what phone is better neither, this is strictly speaking about manufacturers and their skins vs pure Android.

Use either of these phones stock right out of the box and compare it to the Nexuses ICS stock otb and you will see for yourself how much more smooth the UI's are.

Whether one likes touchwiz and blur or not, there is a noticeable difference in smoothness between stock Android and manufacturer optimized skins with the nod going to the manufacturers.

ICS and previous iterations of vanilla Android still have that palpable slight lag to it at times. Its not terrible but its noticeable after coming from a device running a manufacturer UI.

Sent from Droid RAZR

x25064

Reaction score
I have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. The GSII's TouchWiz and Moto's Blur are more fluid and smoother than stock Android. This is not about what phone is better neither, this is strictly speaking about manufacturers and their skins vs pure Android.

Use either of these phones stock right out of the box and compare it to the Nexuses ICS stock otb and you will see for yourself how much more smooth the UI's are.

Whether one likes touchwiz and blur or not, there is a noticeable difference in smoothness between stock Android and manufacturer optimized skins with the nod going to the manufacturers.

ICS and previous iterations of vanilla Android still have that palpable slight lag to it at times. Its not terrible but its noticeable after coming from a device running a manufacturer UI.

Sent from Droid RAZR

Blue can't be pretty damn laggy, maybe not on the razr but all other iterations absolutely are. Touchwiz.. well the most lag free android phone on the market runs it -- the S2.