Razr hotspot

razrhotspot

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Razr
I have a Droid Razr that is used as a hotspot only. I'm wondering what are the risks of leaving it plugged in all day when the hotspot is on due to battery drain. I unplug and turn off hotspot at night. It does get a little warm where the cord is plugged into the phone. If it is plugged in all the time will the battery just die from over charging? Will the phone still work if plugged in and the battery is gone/ dead?

P

promo87

I have a Droid Razr that is used as a hotspot only. I'm wondering what are the risks of leaving it plugged in all day when the hotspot is on due to battery drain. I unplug and turn off hotspot at night. It does get a little warm where the cord is plugged into the phone. If it is plugged in all the time will the battery just die from over charging? Will the phone still work if plugged in and the battery is gone/ dead?
Well, I don't think that your device will turn off if its connected to the charging socket as it keep on getting charged at the one end and it keeps discharging on the other i.e. just because the Wi-Fi hotspot is switched to the other position. But tell you what I'll not suggest you keeping your device plugged on to the charging socket for long time as if something goes wrong it could have..... ! What I am sure about is definitely going to damage your battery, because of over charging ... :(

OP
R

razrhotspot

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Razr
So if the battery is damaged and will not hold a charge will the phone still work if it is plugged in?

P

promo87

So if the battery is damaged and will not hold a charge will the phone still work if it is plugged in?
Well, here I would say yes it will still work at least if your device is plugged to the charger ! Then I would say it will work.