Razr heating up?

mont0190

Reaction score
After using my brand new razr for about fifteen minutes on the Web it gets uncomfortably hot. Us anyone else having this issue?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
After using my brand new razr for about fifteen minutes on the Web it gets uncomfortably hot. Us anyone else having this issue?

I don't know how you have your Razr setup. Since it is a really new phone it could be downloading information/data to comply with how you have it setup, what apps/widgets you are using and in particular what social apps you have running. If you are browsing the web while the phone is trying to sync all this information into your phone it will run hot. Is it still hot after a couple hours of operations?

OP
M

mont0190

Reaction score
It only happens when i'm using the Web. I have barely used the phone because I have another line. I haven't went deep into the settings yet, but I will give it a try!

Saturn

Reaction score
My razr got all hot and bothered when I used it to navigate my way back to Louisiana from South Carolina. Other than that I haven't had any real problems with it heating up. I did in the beginning because it was doing all kinds of things in the background. I would suggest that you fiddle with the settings and the task manager thing. It will improve battery life too.

benz0

Reaction score
Yeap, does get hot with 4g and gps on... i had it pretty hot trying to test the battery out with 4g, 100% display, downloading, surfing, and playing games, just to see if i would have any problems before my 14 days return period was up. Test good btw!! :)

OP
M

mont0190

Reaction score
That's why i'm wondering, i'm in my 14 day period also. I'm having trouble deciding if I want this or swap for resound.

I have my background data turned off and I only have one email account synching. All stock apps and running the task killer. Still heats up. I hope it doesn't happen when I make a long phone call. Ive only used it a couple times so far, just been browsing.

Its almost uncomfortable for the hand just holding it and attempting to operate it one handed. Im leaning towards the resound :/

listerdl

Reaction score
yeah def does get hot, especially on the web....guess that is what is draining on the CPU. Its not unbearable - like you guys it is only on the web.

bullswife98

Reaction score
Motorola and Verizon will be sending a major maintenance ota update out soon,I'd at least wait till after that before returning it. It should fix the battery heating, battery draining ,data issues and connectivity.

SENT FROM MY OG DROID ROOTED AND SUPERCHARGED!

Deron

Reaction score
Why are you using a task killer? These things do more harm than good. This might might be part of the reason the phone is heating up.

My phone gets hot when I use 4g and download a lot of stuff from market.

Deron

Reaction score
Motorola and Verizon will be sending a major maintenance ota update out soon,I'd at least wait till after that before returning it. It should fix the battery heating, battery draining ,data issues and connectivity.

SENT FROM MY OG DROID ROOTED AND SUPERCHARGED!

Can we get a web site link for this info?

MonkeyMouth

Reaction score
Go to your battery information and see what's running. Maybe I can help. Mine was super hot. Scary almost. But after a few tweaks mine is a stone COLD killer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR.