Razr heating up and loosing battery while charging.

jimmerz97

Reaction score
I have had my Droid razr for about a month now without any problems until now where my Droid is heating up to high temps and is loosing battery while on the charger. It shows the battery is charging on the battery sign but went from 20% to 5%. If anyone has had the same problem please post/reply

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Reaction score
Well I don't have a battery issue as of now but when i have 4g on and surfing the web, it does get toasty. Dont people test the phones before selling? Cause this phone even the gnex and rezound had problems.

Slarry

Reaction score
I had that happen to be once when I tried charging it with my macbook through the USB data cable. It got really hot and turned off. Then a white LED started blinking. I just charged it with my wall charger after that and it was fine.

OP
J

jimmerz97

Reaction score
Like right now my razr is crazy hot. It is also on a wall charger but not charging. It's been at 5% for about 20 mins

Arodnum1

Reaction score
Like right now my razr is crazy hot. It is also on a wall charger but not charging. It's been at 5% for about 20 mins

Have you tried a different outlet?

Slarry

Reaction score

Is it the charger that came with it or a new one? Some chargers have smart chips in them. Or try a different outlet.

OP
J

jimmerz97

Reaction score
Im at relatives atm so the outlet isn't the usual one I use so that may be the problem. Thanks a lot guys :)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Im at relatives atm so the outlet isn't the usual one I use so that may be the problem. Thanks a lot guys :)

The outlet is likely NOT the problem. Sounds like either a bad charger or charging circuitry, or a bad battery. If you're using a charger that was not designed specifically for the Razr, stop. Use only the charger that came with the Razr.

jrpbulk

Reaction score
@jimmerz Assuming you are running everything stock (cables, no root, ... etc) I wonder if there is some app running your cpu and battery when it shouldn't be.

michee714

Reaction score
Also, make sure you don't have a cover on the phone when charging it... can heat it up too and cause problems with the battery from what I have heard.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Also, make sure you don't have a cover on the phone when charging it... can heat it up too and cause problems with the battery from what I have heard.
Good point!

bogginblazer

Reaction score

Dude call verizon tell them they will give u a refurbished phone if ur over 14 days of owning it. Under u get a new one in the box.

My screen get warm after 5 mins of use. I just got this phone to replace my other razr that droped data like every 30 min. Im going to call them tomorrow and demand a new one that works. I love this phone but i did not pay 300 of my hard earn money to have something that dose not work right. I could of got a junk car for that cash and it would hold a lot more papers down.

Caren4u2

Reaction score
I don't own a Razr, but have the Bionic. I have experienced EXACTLY what you are refering to. I have done three factory resets in response to the idea that it was an app causing the problem. I also have switched to a different charger, and have also switched to a different battery on separate days to isolate the problem. For me, I also ran into the phone getting really hot while NOT on a charger. I had one of those "This thang is so hot, I'm putting it down!"
VZW's response? It's got to be the phone. They are sending me a "Certified Like New". BTW, not that it means anything....but...I ordered my Bionic around the same time you bought yours.

FYI - I have also isolated an issue on accessing wifi. Found out that Motorola's Bionic has difficulty accessing wifi when your router's security level is set at it's highest rating. Good Luck.