Razr HD Stuck at Startup

waxsta

Reaction score
Yesterday I attempted to update my Razr HD with the KitKat OTA update, the update appeared to go through fine but after it finished updating the phone froze at the red Motorola sign. I let it sit there for about 45 mins then reset the phone. (Held down power and volume down) The phone turned itself right back on and was still stuck at the Motorola sign. After this I stopped at my local Verizon store and one of the guys tried all of the different boot options with no luck. I got home and played around with it a little, I tried to reboot in recovery mode but wasn't able to get past the laying down android with the cation sign above it. (I tried all the button combinations I could find on google and could not get anything to work.) I also tried the factory reset option but the phone just boots back to the Red Motorola sign.

Prior to the update I was was rooted and temp unrooted using the Voodoo OTA rootkeeper.

Any advice or help on how to fix this (if its fixable) would be greatly appreciated. I'm not concerned about saving anything on the phone, I just want it to work again.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Yesterday I attempted to update my Razr HD with the KitKat OTA update, the update appeared to go through fine but after it finished updating the phone froze at the red Motorola sign. I let it sit there for about 45 mins then reset the phone. (Held down power and volume down) The phone turned itself right back on and was still stuck at the Motorola sign. After this I stopped at my local Verizon store and one of the guys tried all of the different boot options with no luck. I got home and played around with it a little, I tried to reboot in recovery mode but wasn't able to get past the laying down android with the cation sign above it. (I tried all the button combinations I could find on google and could not get anything to work.) I also tried the factory reset option but the phone just boots back to the Red Motorola sign.

Prior to the update I was was rooted and temp unrooted using the Voodoo OTA rootkeeper.

Any advice or help on how to fix this (if its fixable) would be greatly appreciated. I'm not concerned about saving anything on the phone, I just want it to work again.

use this to fix your phone
[SCRIPT] DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.4 KK - Windows/Mac/Linux [Updated 05/22/2014] - xda-developers
you can not take the ota with a rooted phone, the problem explained is what will happen every time.

after you use this tool, you will be on KK with no root, and there is no root for KK unless your phone is unlocked.
either flashing with this tool, or flashing with rsd, are your only options to fix the phone at this point.
both will have the same end result, stock KK.

OP
W

waxsta

Reaction score
Thanks a ton! This fixed the problem.