Razr HD owner be suprise no sd card slot no problem for Droid ultra/maxx

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
Thanks this guy he just post it in forum as comment before me.
This should make everyone mind or at least better decision on get this over the Samsung galaxy s4 or note 3.
Kachow is the users the gave the info.

here an sd card slot solution for droid ultra/maxx:
Mini MicroSD Card Reader for AndroidReally small. Truly portable. Actually useful. Specially engineered for your Android smartphones & tablets.
rendering_line_all-1440x960-q8.jpg
Like an SD/MicroSD card reader that you often use on PC computers, except this one comes with a MicroUSB connector to plug into smartphones & tablets with MicroUSB port. Use it to play video/music on a MicroSD card. View photos/documents, copy and backup any and all of your files. Just like you are used to do on a PC.Attach this coin-size card reader to your keyring and take it anywhere you go. Never run out of storage space again.

https://shopmeenova.appspot.com/st/p/m3r.html

lloydsw

Reaction score
I don't think I would like something external hanging out of my phone!

wcjeep

Reaction score
Two other ways to accomplish this. OTG - On The Go cord available from Amazon for $2. Or get a USB Male to Male adapter. It converts your charge cord into an OTG cord. If you really must carry lots of data consider a wifi streaming option. Sandisk has a great one most likely arriving within a month. I have a 1tb Seagate wifi streaming hard drive. There are a few other manufacturers that also make wifi streaming options. A friend with a LG Quad core phone can not connect to my Seagate wifi. All other phones and tablets have been able to connect. The newer the device the better the playback.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Yep, I dont see why people whine when there is no SD slot, if you look carefully, they are doing away with them, Im sure there are about 2% of SD Card Slot Phone Owners that have more than ONE card!

Plus, its just easier to keep all in one spot and IF need be, you just get an adapter, DUH!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I don't want to have to worry about making sure I bring my adapter. Jimmy, its obviously not something you need... it doesn't make the rest of us wrong for wanting it.
This is my last Moto. I will only support companies that have SD slots. Period. I speak with my dollars. I don't give up because the Android sheep believe Google knows what's best for them...

OP
add119

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
This post i made was due to make some users happy enough with their options for their new device to use sd card.
Same, can be said for htc one owners and htc device from last year.
Same with nexus line and lg device which i dont trust lg due to their late tendency on update or not updating you at all.

No disrespect but some users here whine about why sd option isnt available if you really want to change that go to manufacture site and their forums and change their mind.

Same way I post as colombiakid89 in Motorola forum on droid 4 on d5 situation; and rumor specs I and others have added on other forum for Google and Motorola to listen too. In that situation with over 2,000 comments. People wanting keyboard yet, idiot feel the need to put negative comments on android site the minute a leak droid 5 arrive.

Android wasn't made to pursue users. It was made to have choice and freedom of choice unlike most android users now. Bashing, manufacture on specs,camera why u left this feature out ect.

Manufacture don't need to add your needs it their need with your voice.
Not the way around.

If not respect people choice of purchasing and dont pursue them to a device u like .Because, now you like it but feel the need of being isheep fan telling them why your choice is right their is wrong.

Their a reason why android is good you have options.
If one doesnt work u find another.

Same with this one for motorola fans,htc fans and others manufacture fans.

That isnt Samsung and their monopolizing idea which another copy of Apple.

Samsung is becoming the dark sheep of android.

Not everyone want one they look fine to some but others seem disagree.

You don't need to like my comments.
But, if it work don't fix it.
I like that idea and some users here feel the need to be apple fans on Samsung device now.

Saying why Motorola now isn't good for them.
Based on CPU specs mostly.

Some of you probably was bashing the moto x and droid ultra as well.
It bad enough that cell phone supposedly experts did that with both device.
Moto x for specs and pricing.
Droid ultra for not having the wow factor like droid Maxx or droid mini on small package.

That droid ultra device was a waste of moto. Based on the cell phone expert review scattered through the web.

I'm definitely don't like users that like moto, yet now they want to blame it on them for being specs whore that ya are.

Android don't need CPU on quad core.
Moto added GPU on quad core that more than enough.

Choice are choices.
Period !

jimmythegent

Reaction score
I don't want to have to worry about making sure I bring my adapter. Jimmy, its obviously not something you need... it doesn't make the rest of us wrong for wanting it.
This is my last Moto. I will only support companies that have SD slots. Period. I speak with my dollars. I don't give up because the Android sheep believe Google knows what's best for them...

Do you really need one though? Or is just more of a "hey stop stripping Android down into an iPhone" thing?

That's what I see, I see more of a rebel approach to them doing this.

Personally, I remember getting my Droid, and I had my old SD card ready to put into it, and didnt see a slot (little did I know there was one, I was in a funk the day I got it, I remember them saying it supports up to 32GB) but I thought that they meant the MAXX which is stock 32 GB.

I remember feeling let down a little, but I thought about it, and it didnt really bug me.

What DOES bug me, is how companies like Apple charge a ridiculous amount for RAM, 100 bucks for an extra 16GBS? But, hey look, the numbers speak for themselves and the majority, the majority, don't care. I do care, Im in the middle, while I do like the fact I can take out the SD card and put it in a new phone, for pics, music, vids, etc., I was able to transfer everything to my wifes iPhone from her old dumb phone in the matter of about 15 minutes.
(via SD card reader, the PC, plus didnt really know what I was doing due to it being an Apple).

BUT on the flip side, if they try making use there ever confusing "cloud" for memory, forget that!

Apple has a real "Cloud", this google cloud kinda blows.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Do you really need one though? Or is just more of a "hey stop stripping Android down into an iPhone" thing?

I absolutely do. I have 12+ GB os music and a phone with 16GB of space. Musch of my music is in Googles cloud. I tried it. I hate the Google Music app. Paid for PowerAMP which blows it away. And I don't have unlimited data so I don't want to stream all my music. Not to mention having to rely on VZW's network (which sucks here). I am on a work plan, we do have a lot of data, but I don't think it's my place as the responsible IT Manager to use a large chunk of our data for my music.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
I absolutely do. I have 12+ GB os music and a phone with 16GB of space. Musch of my music is in Googles cloud. I tried it. I hate the Google Music app. Paid for PowerAMP which blows it away. And I don't have unlimited data so I don't want to stream all my music. Not to mention having to rely on VZW's network (which sucks here). I am on a work plan, we do have a lot of data, but I don't think it's my place as the responsible IT Manager to use a large chunk of our data for my music.

Yeah, I hear you on the VZW Cloud thing. I guess your one of the few that need an SD card slot, I dont mind as long as I have enough room.

I got this dumb Eminem album I bought for about 2 bucks (was a promo) and I cannot delete it unless I keep the Google Music App which is absolutely horrendous.

lloydsw

Reaction score
I absolutely will not get a phone without a SD card. I use it too much.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

jimmythegent

Reaction score
It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

So in your opinion, with more and more cell phones running Android NOT having an SD card, would you say Google is selling out to Apple consumers?

lloydsw

Reaction score
I had a Palm Pixi Plus. It was a great phone, but it didn't have an SD card. To me that was a huge limitation.