Razr HD not allowing me to update?

LonghairActual

Reaction score
Title says it all. I've gotten the message saying a software update was available, and I initially cancelled because I was on 4g and couldn't get to WiFi. WHen I was on Wifi, I got it again, and I clicked "install" this time, but nothing happened. I can't get into the "System Update" screen for some reason, and Motorola Device Manger won't update my phone software, or even show me my current software version ("Current version: N/A").

I've restarted many times, but I have no idea what to do anymore. I've fiddled with USB debugging, reinstalled device manager several times, etc etc etc.

Can anyone help me?

Itanaman

Reaction score
Title says it all. I've gotten the message saying a software update was available, and I initially cancelled because I was on 4g and couldn't get to WiFi. WHen I was on Wifi, I got it again, and I clicked "install" this time, but nothing happened. I can't get into the "System Update" screen for some reason, and Motorola Device Manger won't update my phone software, or even show me my current software version ("Current version: N/A").

I've restarted many times, but I have no idea what to do anymore. I've fiddled with USB debugging, reinstalled device manager several times, etc etc etc.

Can anyone help me?

I am having similar issue. When I try update from phone, it tells me after waiting forever that "check for update is not available at this time.", when I try using MDM (Motorola Device Manager) I get the message "There are not updates for your device at this time. Current Version: N/A" I know through reading that there is an update to KITKAT available, and I really would like to get it. Has anyone been able to figure this out yet?

Thank you ahead of time.

Just FYI, I am not sure if this has anything to do with it, however my phone is rooted.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
I am having similar issue. When I try update from phone, it tells me after waiting forever that "check for update is not available at this time.", when I try using MDM (Motorola Device Manager) I get the message "There are not updates for your device at this time. Current Version: N/A" I know through reading that there is an update to KITKAT available, and I really would like to get it. Has anyone been able to figure this out yet?

Thank you ahead of time.

Just FYI, I am not sure if this has anything to do with it, however my phone is rooted.

root is not effecting the update pull but it will make the update fail when you get it. you need to flash back to clean stock with rsd before trying to apply the update.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro

Can anyone help me?

Motorola is having sever issues...apparently. That's why so many people are getting the "not available at this time message.". Let's hope its fixed soon. Its not your phone...you are not alone!

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

OP
L

LonghairActual

Reaction score
Issues resolved themselves. <3 kitkat. Thanks guys! (Mod, please lock this thread)