Razr HD deleting my pics?!

laurenjones93

Reaction score
And videos. Sometimes when I go back to look at the pictures or video it just shows a black thumbnail and black screen when I click on it. The video will look as if its playing but there's nothing there. Anyone else have this issue?

ForumRunner_20130403_070420.png

ForumRunner_20130403_070427.png

ForumRunner_20130403_070437.png

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Your memory card might be failing.

Sounds like a memory card issue... though... she would be able to see her screen shots as those, from what I gathered from my phone, are stored locally, not on the SD card.

OP
laurenjones93

laurenjones93

Reaction score
Nothing else on memory card is getting lost/deleted. Is this fixable? Other than a new card or saving to phone?

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Nothing else on memory card is getting lost/deleted. Is this fixable? Other than a new card or saving to phone?

I dont know how to set the phone to save pics direct. All I know is when I take my memory card out, the only pics are screen shots.

I will admit a little frustration towards the phone though... I have had it for 2 months and had many issues with it already that are seemingly more common than thought. For such an "open source" phone, I find many things are not able to be customized, one HUGE example is all the bloatware that is constantly running in the background taking up memory...

Verizon may be a great service, but they stuck so much useless garbage in this phone the ONLY answer is to "root" it voiding the warranty and jumping through flaming hoops to get it back to normal (if possible) for a warranty related issue.

While I do enjoy the capabilities of it... I wonder sometimes how bad was my "dumb phone" really?

Example... this morning I wake up to find my phones display turned all the way down, AND the data AND the wifi was shut off. No smart action was even on. Go figure....

pdaniel219

Reaction score
For what it's worth, you can disable the most of the bloatware that comes on the phone. But now we can't put apps on the SD card. So I guess it's a push.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
For what it's worth, you can disable the most of the bloatware that comes on the phone. But now we can't put apps on the SD card. So I guess it's a push.

How do I disable these apps? I force stop them and they just start again.

pdaniel219

Reaction score
Go into settings then apps. Go to "all apps". You can disable the ones you want to. You may have to uninstall updates before it will let you disable them.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Go into settings then apps. Go to "all apps". You can disable the ones you want to. You may have to uninstall updates before it will let you disable them.
I've tried this yet a ton of VZW apps are still running. I can show you a list from another post in here of all the bloat ware on this pup

pdaniel219

Reaction score
This is only the first 7 on my disable list. I have 22 more that have been disabled. Do you not have the option to disable them? I know on some of the apps its greyed out. But most of them you can disable.

ForumRunner_20130403_195303.png

pdaniel219

Reaction score
I guess my point is that once these are disabled, I never see them again. None of them are ever running. Just not sure what the problem is if you're disabling then and you still see them running. Hopefully someone can shed a little more light on this one.