Razr hd bad battery sigh

Kalby

Reaction score
OK hey guys I'm new to this forum so hi.
Well recently decided to finally upgrade my phone from HTC desire to the RAZR HD.
We'll I'm happy with the phone itself and features but omg my battery is horrible!!!!.
I've tried all the suggestions I can find over net inc. Factory reset also re deleting cache tried the recalibrate battery thing also.
I had my phone on standby last night with smart actions set to. Screen off. Data off and sync off only when use phone.
And when I woke up was at 80 %. If you look the phone kept waking its self over and over.
As I've been surfing web this morning prob for a hr looking for more help I'm now down to like 40%.
Its horrible I hate it I chose this phone for the battery life since I work away and on warf and stuff so can't charge it.
I've also turned it to 2g3g instead of 2g3g4g and mine doesn't have the global settings either in network.

Any help would appreciate please.
Cos now I'm gonna have to put it on charge soon sigh.

Thanks Jesse

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Kalby. First don't sleep so long. Have you install gsam battery monitor to try to figure out what wakes your phone up when it should be in a deep sleep.

aliens don't use razr's, they use obsidian.

webster8004

Reaction score
what u really wanted was the RAZR maxx HD, with that being said the best thing u can do for ur battery is run it very low (10%ish) shut it off and completely recharge it b4 turning it on. As for keeping the phone from draining so fast obviously the less features you use the better, I have a smart action to turn wifi data and GPS off and use it as little as possible once battery is low. Hope this helps some other forum members will be more knowledgeable than me but don't be afraid to ask any questions

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Webster I didn't want to point to the obvious, non the less you said it.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Thread moved to RAZR HD section. :)

I have no problem averaging 4 1/2 - 5 hours of screen on time with my HD and still getting about 20-24 hours it actual battery life. Anything less than that and you should look at what apps you have installed or even if you have a ton of smart actions enabled. Also, if you live in an area with weak 4g, your phone constantly having to search for a connection will kill the battery.

Sent from my RAZR HD on CM10.1

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
You may have a bad phone. It does happen.
You might also live in a fringe area where the phone constantly hunts and ramps up the power.

I have no problem making it 15-18 hours with 50% battery left.
I have 5 email accounts that are always, synced along with other stuff I do on the phone.
Never an issue.

OP
K

Kalby

Reaction score
OK well the only smart actions is what I described earlier.
They didn't have the max at Telstra. I just got that app just before to see wats keeping it awake .
But as for apps only have the factory ones and face book messenger.
But at night time have everything off data sync WiFi GPS etc.
That's y I find it strange to be the range causing it.
During day I have when screen locks turns sync off.
I hope not did phone because I've had this for a week I first got given a velocity from Telstra then they ran out so I did my research on one of these sigh.
I had it on charge before Cos hit 10% after ten hrs 6 half of that idle.
I'll keep a eye now I have that battery watcher thing. I'm not happy with it sigh sucks

OP
K

Kalby

Reaction score
I just had a squiz highest thing there with wake locks is the OS with 317

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
My phone been on battery to 3 hours and the os woke it 520 time but it is a small percentage. Facebook is notorious for waking and sucking battery. After awhile take screen shots of the gsam app. and post them.

OP
K

Kalby

Reaction score
I tried doin a screen shot and when I do instead of showing the photo I took it grabs a random photo out of my gallery wtf I'll upload anyways and see if proper pic comes up

OP
K

Kalby

Reaction score
Screenshot_2013-01-29-17-20-04.png

OP
K

Kalby

Reaction score
Screenshot_2013-01-29-17-30-49.pngAnd if you look it never sleeps well comes straight back on

OP
K

Kalby

Reaction score
all stock dude,
ive removed the google folder offof homescreen and the google search bar all i got on home screen is 3 circles telstra usage metre and chrome less then how they come