RAZR GB 2.3.6 keyboard

chesterv

Reaction score
Is there a way to add the keyboard from the GB 2.3.6 as an input device option? I had better luck typing on the keyboard the RAZR had before the update.

OP
C

chesterv

Reaction score
I saw that one, but its not the same. That one has been around awhile. It would be the stock Motorola keyboard that the RAZR used in the latest version before the ICS update.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Ah, not sure then. Maybe someone will make a new one that like you does not like the ICS one.

Exalted911

Reaction score
I suggest you give swype a try. once you get use to it you will never go back to a regular keyboard, and its on your phone now.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Exalted911 said:
I suggest you give swype a try. once you get use to it you will never go back to a regular keyboard, and its on your phone now.

I would also suggest that. The Swype keyboard in ics rules supreme in my opinion. I thought GB was good, but ics Swype is even better

tindogify

Reaction score
joshxdroid said:
I would also suggest that. The Swype keyboard in ics rules supreme in my opinion. I thought GB was good, but ics Swype is even better

But can you have google voice text and swipe at the same time I would love that, I tried every angle and still can't have both at the same time can you help me?

shontalann

Reaction score

I agree.... Swype is a great way to input text. It runs pretty smooth on the Razr as well :biggrin:

tindogify

Reaction score
But can you have google voice text and swipe at the same time I would love that, I tried every angle and still can't have both at the same time can you help me?

Well let me know when if you get both at the same time I've been trying since ics and I still can't . Looks like I'm going to call Motorola tomorrow and see if they could help me out

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
You probably can't have both because the individual keyboards use their own voice to text.

You can however use Google Now to send texts to people, effectively using Google Voice to Text to send texts.

Also, if you like Swype, you might try SwiftKey as it uses flow (Swype like input), is really accurate, and the voice to text option works great on it!!! Also, flow let's you do multiword Swype!!!

Just watch out on leaving voice to text open, I accidentally transcribed a commercial off of my trucks radio!! But it did do it word for word!!!

We are the Droid!!
You will be assimilated!!
Resistance is futile!!