RAZR Email Settings - Keeps going back to default

ripper765

Reaction score
The default setting for checking emails is 15 minutes, or at least I assume that it is what it is. I set my phone to MANUALLY check email, because if I don't, the battery is dead half way through the day. I don't need to see what new emails there are every 15 minutes. Email is important, just not that important.

I sit in the office and email notifiation goes off, and so when I check, the email is set to check for new email every 15 minutes. Reset to check manually. Later in the day, the email notification goes off, and yes, it is back to checking every 15 mnutes.

All these companies think they are smarter than we are....I have news for you....you ARE NOT. You give me options to adjust how I WANT my phone to be set up, so STOP changing the settings back to default. I would understand if I am messing with the phone and accidentally change the setting to default, but I know I am not going ANYWHERE a screen that says return phone settings to default.

Motorola's stock email program is one of the poorest quality email apps I have ever seen. The problem mentioned here PLUS it doesn't understand what MIME is, which is NOT a NEW technology... Oh wait a minute, there goes my phone telling me that I have NEW emails....although I know I JUST set it to only check email MANUALLY and I obviously am not doing that, since I am in my computer room typing this post off of my desktop computer.

COME ON MOTOROLA....you want to get your share of the telecom business, get your head out of your *&&. (Did I just say that? Oops, my mouth must have slipped back into default profanity mode.)

msblueline

Reaction score
Have you tried using the smart actions that comes installed on the phone. [video=youtube;NwhK3QompXo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwhK3QompXo[/video]
Don't know if it will help, but worth a shot huh.

Don't know if that exact setting is in there, but it could be.

Again, it's worth a shot.

msblueline