RAZR dropped, then Galaxy Neuxus, Then RAZR Agian:)

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
It may have been in a Rom but new updates did not fix the rotation lag and why would anyone want. Phone they have wait for the screen to rotate when you rotate the phone? That's just crazy we rotate for a reason not to sit and wait. Let's also not forget the lag in typing. It may be ok for someone who types slow but you have type real slow for it keep up. I normally can type in about 90 words a min and my Rezound keeps up letter for letter.

sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk

I hear ya. I've been keeping up with the Rezound too. That also is a nice phone. There are some very nice phones on Verizon, to basically fit almost anyone's needs. I see post about the RAZR being very fragile...doesnt really bother me. It may be, who knows. I haven't found out yet. I see post about the RAZR being laggy, rebooting. I know from using it it isnt that extreme, had 1 time I had to hard reset it, had the RAZR since 11-11. Will know more about lag vs another phone if I can ever get the G Nex delivery...missed it today. lol.

Point I'm getting at is everyone doesnt have to love the phone you love. Some ppl just might not like it, for whatever reason, even after trying it. Maybe they see something you dont. Maybe they see things different than you. Doesnt make your phone choice bad. Doesnt make their choice better. Everyone made their choice for a reason....thats all that matters.....

Godric

Reaction score
At least you didn't go iphone

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

jphillips63

Reaction score
I can't comment on browsing experience when I had my GN as it wouldn't keep a data connection long enough. My droid charge at least did that. Samsung is Googled guinea pig on this as when HTC and Moto comes out with there new products for 2012 the GN will be nothing. I will say I wanted the GN be all it was talked up to be but bottom line in the real world where I live travel and work the GN just couldn't get the job done.
Ok. So just how big are phone screens going to get? We gonna look stupid walking around with tablet size phones glued to our ears.

alboboy10

Reaction score
I can't comment on browsing experience when I had my GN as it wouldn't keep a data connection long enough. My droid charge at least did that. Samsung is Googled guinea pig on this as when HTC and Moto comes out with there new products for 2012 the GN will be nothing. I will say I wanted the GN be all it was talked up to be but bottom line in the real world where I live travel and work the GN just couldn't get the job done.
Ok. So just how big are phone screens going to get? We gonna look stupid walking around with tablet size phones glued to our ears.

The rezound is barely smaller. And the razr is wide like a tile. This is the slickest phone from the bunch and best constructed. I wouldn't comment on size cause this phone is nearly perfect in that aspect. 4.65 inch screen is amazing.

jphillips63

Reaction score
It's thicker yes and in some ways I like it a bit thicker. I remember one day I had my GN out of the protective case and it squirted out of my hands like an ice cube and there I was juggling trying catch the phone before it hit the floor. Luckly I did catch it so I guess ya can say the GN is a slick device. That 4.65 screen is only useful when watching video rest time its same screen size as the rest out there. I agree the Razr is like holding tile its just too wide for my hands.

Reaction score
Long story short I dropped me new RAZR and 31 days of ownership, I purchased the Best Buy protection plan, so I returned the phone to them and it was mailed off for repair or replacement. Best Buy use STAR insurance and the phone was "junked out" I was issued a gift card and decided to try out the new Nexus I was hearing so much about. Waste of time, I returned the Nexus today after 6 days of a really bad ass camera with ZERO shutter lag and cool panoramic shots.
If you are considering the Nexus and have a RAZR, READ the Nexus forums here, there is a reason they have so many threads, all the issues are very real. Lots of disappointed buyers out there, that have already returned. Definitely not the Cell phone Savior it was cracked up to be. When RAZR gets ICS it will be a slaughter against the nexus. lol
Galaxy Nexus Cons
1. Horrible reception for voice and data.
2. Samsung stock music player doesn't recognize .wma's
3. Low volume for external speaker.
4. Super SLOW SLOW tranfer and copy rate transfering files to/from pc. ( 40 plus minutes for 2 gig of music)
5. Music player volume faded in and out.
6.Horrible battery life with minimal use. Down to 39% in 4 hours of LIGHT use.

Phone was just very buggy in general, I realize ICS is new I just feel this phone wasnt ready to be relased yet. Since I never had any of theses with my RAZR, I am now thrilled to have one Back. My only concern with the RAZR is the screens are definitively fragile. Have to highly recommend insurance to anyone who is purchasing one.

my nexus has none of these issues DancingNexus

Kimo91

Reaction score
I mean seriously the OP started this thread to not ruffle feathers but a few people are still trying to make him feel bad for flip flipping between the Razr and GNex. I know I got tired of seeing GNex owners shoving their opinions down everyone's throats in the Razr forum. Let the OP be with his choice and quit comparing the GNex and Razr. At least he was one of the few that had hands on with the GNex and wasn't impressed with it. Like someone said a few posts back, at least he didn't go for the iPhone

Sent from my Rooted and Safestrapped Moto DROID RAZR

Androidatic

Reaction score
Please be specific. No one can tell me where the Blur is, but keep saying it's everywhere.

It's funny that no one is able to point it out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
speak English.......dancing nexus? WTF

Sent from my HTC Vigor

If you go to the browser, you will see what DancingNexus is:)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited:

HTC1

Reaction score
Traded my GN for the Rezound. Now I have signal where never before and the GN wouldn't even hold 1x much less 4g. Plus I have my face book contacts sync where as the GN wouldn't do. My keyboard keeps up as I type where the GN would never do, and when I rotate the screen there is no lag where as I could take a nap when I did this on the GN.Let's face it the GN has many issues all over the US and lacks in many areas and what good is a smart phone if you can't hear it it can't hold data connection and can't link you to the social world?

Did the same thing. Rezound is the most under rated phone out there.

Sent from my HTC Vigor

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Except for Sense.

Aaww.. I like Sense UI. I think the Rezound is the most under rated phone when you look at the overall picture. HTC put the antenna on the battery door...they must have known something...lol.

Androidatic

Reaction score
I had an Incredible and Sense bogged it down like crazy. The concept is good but execution, not so much.

The Rezound is just too big and too heavy for my tastes. Besides, HTC is notoriously slow on the OS updates.