RAZR dropped, then Galaxy Neuxus, Then RAZR Agian:)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
The entire UI is "blurred". Did you have an D1? Compare/Contrast with Razr. Then you should be able to tell what is "blurred!"

I swear this is not the case. Aside from the Widgets and icons everything else is essentially just themed via color. I've used stock Gingerbread and cannot tell the difference with the exception of the Widgets.

Blur is not even noticeable and I owned the Droid through its entire contract.

I was completely against Blur and for good reason. Early iterations were terrible. This version (RAZR and Bionic) is smooth as silk, very fast (faster than ICS) and not intrusive at all. I promise :)

Sent from Droid RAZR

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Lol no way its faster and smoother than ICS.

Does it matter? If they're happy with their phones and your happy with yours then who cares? I'm so sick of these stupid juvenile conversations that I've noticed I've been spending a lot more time over on rootzwiki and xda, neither of which have these repetitive arguments.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Side by side speed wise it's to close to call. The GN is a bit smoother. It never lags and I mean never!

alboboy10

Reaction score
Does it matter? If they're happy with their phones and your happy with yours then who cares? I'm so sick of these stupid juvenile conversations that I've noticed I've been spending a lot more time over on rootzwiki and xda, neither of which have these repetitive arguments.

It does matter because saying its smoother is not the truth. Ics was optimised for dual core phones wasn't it? So how can gb be smoother on the razr...or is the razr that great?

Besides ever phone review boasts about how smooth the nexus is they even compare feel to the iPhone. Not to mention its doing all of this with a far higher resolution screen too.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
It does matter because saying its smoother is not the truth. Ics was optimised for dual core phones wasn't it? So how can gb be smoother on the razr...or is the razr that great?

Besides ever phone review boasts about how smooth the nexus is they even compare feel to the iPhone. Not to mention its doing all of this with a far higher resolution screen too.

I'm not saying I disagree with you by any means (trust me). But coming from someone who has followed DroidForums religiously since late November '09, its really sad to see it be dominated by Nexus vs. Razor bickering all the time.

Last edited:

Pmatt

Reaction score
Long story short I dropped me new RAZR and 31 days of ownership, I purchased the Best Buy protection plan, so I returned the phone to them and it was mailed off for repair or replacement. Best Buy use STAR insurance and the phone was "junked out" I was issued a gift card and decided to try out the new Nexus I was hearing so much about. Waste of time, I returned the Nexus today after 6 days of a really bad ass camera with ZERO shutter lag and cool panoramic shots.
If you are considering the Nexus and have a RAZR, READ the Nexus forums here, there is a reason they have so many threads, all the issues are very real. Lots of disappointed buyers out there, that have already returned. Definitely not the Cell phone Savior it was cracked up to be. When RAZR gets ICS it will be a slaughter against the nexus. lol
Galaxy Nexus Cons
1. Horrible reception for voice and data.
2. Samsung stock music player doesn't recognize .wma's
3. Low volume for external speaker.
4. Super SLOW SLOW tranfer and copy rate transfering files to/from pc. ( 40 plus minutes for 2 gig of music)
5. Music player volume faded in and out.
6.Horrible battery life with minimal use. Down to 39% in 4 hours of LIGHT use.

Phone was just very buggy in general, I realize ICS is new I just feel this phone wasnt ready to be relased yet. Since I never had any of theses with my RAZR, I am now thrilled to have one Back. My only concern with the RAZR is the screens are definitively fragile. Have to highly recommend insurance to anyone who is purchasing one.
I did the same thing traded my Gnex for a razr.I'm a much happier camper now!! Had all the same issues as you mainly the voice and data connection issues..

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Lol no way its faster and smoother than ICS.

Lols It really is. I'm not saying leaps and bounds faster but there is a noticeable speed difference between the two and Moto's UI feels faster. Touchwiz as well. Use it and compare it to stock ICS and you can feel the difference.

Again I'm not saying ICS is terrible or slow I am saying that its just not as smooth OVERALL as Touchwiz or Blur.

I don't have a dog in this fight but stock Android (all iterations) is just not there yet.

Sent from Droid RAZR

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The entire UI is "blurred". Did you have an D1? Compare/Contrast with Razr. Then you should be able to tell what is "blurred!"
This is not entirely accurate. And I get what Androidatic is saying. This new version of Blur isnt bad IMO, the old version wasnt all that bad, but this is better. But it is different than stock Android. I think its easier to say whats GB on the RAZR than whats 'blurred.' These things are stock GB on the RAZR, with some asterisks:

The lil light effect that happens when you cant scroll anymore in menus. Its a different color on the RAZR.

The battery info bar graph at the top in Battery Use. Click on the bar and thats GB too. Different color on the RAZR.

Notification area and icons up there are a mix of GB and Blur.

Downloads download manager. Different color on the RAZR.

When on a home screen and you hit Menu, that pop up. On the RAZR the icons are switched around.

Manage Apps area. Its a different color on the RAZR.

Thats all I can see just comparing clips to the Nexus S running stock GB...since the Droid 1 never officially got GB.

Now, mostly everything else is Blur on the RAZR. What some folks either dont know or dont wanna admit is Blur on the RAZR has some nice things about it vs. stock GB:

Dialer

App drawer categories

Launcher dock area

Lock screen

Home screen scrolling animations, transitions

Arranging icons on home screens

Universal Inbox

Re sizable widgets

And some other Blur elements I dont really know off the top of my head that some ppl might like vs stock Android. What I would like some ppl to do is compare Blur to Sense UI...and tell me...if you love stock Android....which custom UI would you want IF you had to choose? And I really like the eye candy Sense UI adds to Android. Bottom line: the custom UI's arent as bad as some ppl make it.

I agree 100%

Last edited:
OP
J

jrws6

Reaction score
I did the same thing traded my Gnex for a razr.I'm a much happier camper now!! Had all the same issues as you mainly the voice and data connection issues..
+1...

jphillips63

Reaction score
Traded my GN for the Rezound. Now I have signal where never before and the GN wouldn't even hold 1x much less 4g. Plus I have my face book contacts sync where as the GN wouldn't do. My keyboard keeps up as I type where the GN would never do, and when I rotate the screen there is no lag where as I could take a nap when I did this on the GN.Let's face it the GN has many issues all over the US and lacks in many areas and what good is a smart phone if you can't hear it it can't hold data connection and can't link you to the social world?

sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

I'm not saying I disagree with you by any means (trust me). But coming from someone who has followed DroidForums religiously since late November '09, its really sad to see it be dominated by Nexus vs. Razor bickering all the time.

No...the problem is when some ppl dont agree on subjective things. We both might see the same thing and see it differently. If you been here since 09, I'm sure you remember when the Incredible came out...lol "The more things change...the more they stay the same.." I heard the rotation lag has been addressed on the G Nex. Or is that fixed in custom ROMs? Dont really know. Maybe someone tried a G Nex before that update and compared it to the RAZR....subjective things...I read where someone said they liked the slow rotation, it wasnt considered lagging to them...subjective things.....

And thats where the G Nex will shine...fast updates to fix lil nagging problems like that.

Last edited:

jphillips63

Reaction score
It may have been in a Rom but new updates did not fix the rotation lag and why would anyone want. Phone they have wait for the screen to rotate when you rotate the phone? That's just crazy we rotate for a reason not to sit and wait. Let's also not forget the lag in typing. It may be ok for someone who types slow but you have type real slow for it keep up. I normally can type in about 90 words a min and my Rezound keeps up letter for letter.

sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk

alboboy10

Reaction score
The browsing experience on the nexus is the best out of any smartphone. I played with the razr and the rezound and although I prefer HTC to moto I thought the razr had better performance over all. However when it came down to the razr vs the nexus I felt like the two are world aparts, the nexus was just sooooo much smoother. Not only does everything look better on Ics but it also performs better.

Not to mention I hated the razr screen. Huge difference in this department.