razr + double data now or...

danimal00

Reaction score
...about to upgrade to a smartphone and was wondering if I should get the current razr and double data (promotion ends 1/15), or wait for the razr maxx and have just 2gb. is 2 gb a lot of data on a smartphone? thanks.

Syraz

Reaction score
for some it is enough for others its not enough, depends what you will do online, I do a lot of emailing, facebook, and some videos, but I average 2gb. I do have unlimited data but usage usually still is around that,

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
RAZR and double data hands down. RAZR gets pretty good battery life and it's $100.00 cheaper. I personally do not think the MAXX is worth the extra 100 dolla bill when you get the same great device (less some battery life) in the original RAZR.

SallyC

Reaction score
I would go for the Razr with double data. You can always add a small portable charger like the PowerGen UltraSlim if you think you need to but doubling your data's not so cheap.

Plus some who have held the Maxx say it doesn't have the form factor. I don't know, having not held one, but it would be a concern for me. I love the Razr and don't have real problems with the battery, although I do have portable charger just in case. But I'd want that with the Maxx too. ;)

equake

Reaction score
RAZR and double data hands down. RAZR gets pretty good battery life and it's $100.00 cheaper. I personally do not think the MAXX is worth the extra 100 dolla bill when you get the same great device (less some battery life) in the original RAZR.

Ditto until they get the HD screen, Faster CPU, ICS. It looks like Moto is going forward with Polymer Non-removeable batteries like the iP*one. Also, according to CES reports Moto will move to the Intel platform for mobile but Medfield still has refining to catch up with ARM SoCs so by Qtr1 2013 we'll have a great race of Andy devices

MsVictoriaLynn

Reaction score
I have unlimited right now. I used close to 4GB on my Razr in like 3.5 weeks. 2GB wouldn't hold my data usage.

~!~Sent from my Hamburger Phone ~!~

jdroid80

Reaction score
I don't stream a lot of video but i still get close to (sometimes over) 2GB every month. I use wifi all the time at home. I think 4 GB would be adequate for most people. Even last month I was at family's for the weekend and I streamed netflix quite a bit, and i went to about 5 GB for the month.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Zandar

Reaction score
Depends on whether or not you'll be using a lot of WiFi. When I used WiFi at home with my RAZR (before I had unlimited data), I would average just under 2GB a month. Now, I use 4G for everything (well, 3G when I want to save battery, like when I'm using GPS) and I'm at ~1.7GB in 5 days. I stream Pandora and Netflix, as well as use hotspot (legit; I pay for it, though it's also unlimited).

If it were my money, I'd go for the 4GB of data and the OG Droid RAZR. It's sexy as hell, and the battery lasts for a good while if you manage it right. $100 is a bit much for extra battery, imo.

Word to the wise; get it on Amazon for $169:
AmazonWireless: Motorola DROID RAZR 4G Android Phone (Verizon Wireless)

The price may drop when the Maxx hits, but then you'll lose out on double data. You might be able to get a refund of the difference, though (don't know how Amazon Wireless works with that).

techgov8

Reaction score
I have unlimited right now. I used close to 4GB on my Razr in like 3.5 weeks. 2GB wouldn't hold my data usage.

~!~Sent from my Hamburger Phone ~!~

Yea I do as well and now that I have 4g I turn it on all the time to mess around on the phone

Androidatic

Reaction score
Buy the Razr now and get the double data. Trade it in when the Maxx is released on 1/26. A one time fee of $35 beats data overages.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Funnily enough, you probably don't need the double data and you also probably don't need the extra battery from the Maxx.

I'd say buy the Razr now for $199 with double data, that way in the future you have double data as you'll need more data as we will all gradually use our phone for more and more things.

bogeyx

Reaction score
Funnily enough, you probably don't need the double data and you also probably don't need the extra battery from the Maxx.

I'd say buy the Razr now for $199 with double data, that way in the future you have double data as you'll need more data as we will all gradually use our phone for more and more things.

Where can you get it at 199? and is this upgrade price

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score

Oh yeah, doesn't come down until they release the Maxx and the color variants.

Probably still smart to get the double data plan for your future usage.

Razzii

Reaction score

If you check Costco,they have the Razr for $199.00 plus some bonus items to,plus you get 90 days to exchange phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk