RAZR dissatisfied me

warped1987

Reaction score
Played with it today eat the VZW kiosk and I must say I was not satisfied with it. I'm not a fan of how thin it is and the hardware (buttons...placement...materials used to make it). The whole phone didn't really live up to the hype for me as I thought it would. Anyone else feel the same?

Sent from my HTC Droid FRICKEN Incredible 2 using Droid Forums App

crwys

Reaction score
Played with it today eat the VZW kiosk and I must say I was not satisfied with it. I'm not a fan of how thin it is and the hardware (buttons...placement...materials used to make it). The whole phone didn't really live up to the hype for me as I thought it would. Anyone else feel the same?

Sent from my HTC Droid FRICKEN Incredible 2 using Droid Forums App
You sir are one in a million to think this. No offense but. Materials used to make it, how can anyone be dissatisfied with this. Thiness, I have seen some people not thrilled about this, but thin is usually a good thing! Buttons placement can't judge this till I actually use it.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just played with it at Verizon, I think the phone looks fantastic, very sexy and professional looking, not like all the other " we all look the same" phones, I had no issues with he back button, and I use an HTC Incredible, the Razr is just a sweet looking smartphone, all the other manufactures have some work to do.
Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Last edited:

htc(hot-taco-cheese)

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The whole non-removable battery idea is keeping me away. No battery pulls after a bad flash in recovery...

wkayl

Reaction score
Buttons in same place as my Droid X. Love it so far.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

NoBloatware

Reaction score
The whole non-removable battery idea is keeping me away. No battery pulls after a bad flash in recovery...

I would think that holding down power and volume for 10 seconds would be a good enough substitute. No?

YES! But we will get used to it I hope!

Yes, I got used to the different button order quickly when I went Droid to Droid 3.

crwys

Reaction score
I like my buttons as well. I'm coming from the Droid X so thats good for me hehe.
"
The whole non-removable battery idea is keeping me away. No battery pulls after a bad flash in recovery..."

"I would think that holding down power and volume for 10 seconds would be a good enough substitute. No?"
+1
People think a soft reset will not work in so many situations but it actually will people.

Oaklands

Reaction score
I was reading on another forum today. A guy went in and they had 2 on display. One froze up and he andthe sales rep tried to reset it and after 30 minutes it still would not turn off. The other phone did not lock up. I'm sorry as I do not know what function he tried and it locked up. He tried the same function with the other phone and it did not lockup. He said when he left 20-30 minutes later the rep still did not have it reset. He could not force it to shut down.

I'm still leaning towards this phone but do find this disturbing. Sorry I do not remember the site where I saw this.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I was reading on another forum today. A guy went in and they had 2 on display. One froze up and he andthe sales rep tried to reset it and after 30 minutes it still would not turn off. The other phone did not lock up. I'm sorry as I do not know what function he tried and it locked up. He tried the same function with the other phone and it did not lockup. He said when he left 20-30 minutes later the rep still did not have it reset. He could not force it to shut down.

I'm still leaning towards this phone but do find this disturbing. Sorry I do not remember the site where I saw this.

The Verizon Demo crashed the phone in store when he tried to text. He says the rep may have been trying volume up instead of down when trying to reset. And who knows if they held it 10 seconds:

Droid Forums - Got some hands on time with the Razr

Last edited:

DDROIDJ

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Moto Z Force
I went out to the store today to look at one and was very impressed with how it worked as well as how sturdy it was. Did notice how warm it was as well. When I asked one of the Tech's she claimed at first not to notice a difference :icon_ devil:... then claimed that it could be due to it's heavy use and with the screen being on continuously could cause it.

That concerns me. Will wait for Nexus reviews, but it in my hands and then decide

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
After reading the title, I thought I was missing a happy ending feature on the phone, that I did not know about

indee2025

Reaction score

I thought the same thing (I also develop apps for the market & need to tweak things) but someone else made a good argument that Tablets don't have a way to pull the battery & they are getting all kinds of rooted fun & roms/flashes so it may not be an issue...

Last edited:

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Exactly....Tablets with non removable batteries are lasting fine with ROMs.

My screen did get warm. Probably was due to downloading apps. Its not like its warm all the time you use it. Probably like playing a game or watching Netflix makes the Droid 1 and DX1 warm. Its not hot like some ppl said, or mine hasnt got hot yet. Will know more after a few days, weeks playing with this thing. So far I'm liking it. Alot.