RAZR charge issues, PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by pratter3, Mar 6, 2013.

1. pratter3

pratter3 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My Droid RAZR is having problems charging. I think it might be a hardware issue related to a malfunctioning or broken micro USB port on my phone, but I could be wrong. It does not matter if the charger I use is manufacture certified or not. Simply plugging it in will not charge the device at all; sometimes if my charger cord is bent in a certain way, it receives a charge but if the phone moves at all, it disconnects. Since my initial thought is that its a hardware problem, I don't think a hard reset would help anything, rather just give me a more severe headache than I already have. Does anyone know, A) A solution to this problem, B) If this is not a hardware problem, or C) If a hard reset would help at all??

Thanks in advanced for any responses

2. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +757
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy s4
    Seems like a hardware issues to me. I wouldn't even bother doing a hard reset as you doing so will be for nothing.

As for a solution, I've heard of people opening the phones themselves (this voids warranty of course) and replacing the part, but if you're not comfortable doing so I would contact Motorola or a local repair shop.

3. pratter3

pratter3 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I figured. I'll take it to verizon and see what they have to say. I'm afraid if I open it up, I'll have the urge to dump water on the insides -__- I'd rather try to fix it myself than buy a new phone though..Any ideas on how to go about doing that?

4. GoCliffGo05

GoCliffGo05 Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Could search for some RAZR teardown videos or tutorials, and see if you feel comfortable taking the phone apart by yourself... Also have to check for the part you need.

Search tags for this page

droid razr charging port issues

droid razr hardware issues
my droid razr is having a hard time charging