1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

RAZR Changing Tones By Itself?!?!

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Support' started by b00st4ddicted, Dec 5, 2011.

1. b00st4ddicted

b00st4ddicted New Member

Hi All,

Had the RAZR about few weeks now. I am rooted, using smart action, but no task manager. Recently I started to notice my tones would change by itself. It started when I first got the RAZR, but I figured, it was just some settings I messed up, but now I am pretty familiar with the phonoe, I am very sure that it is changing tones on it's own. My ringtone was changed yesterday. My alarm was different today. The ringtones are from Zedge. Please help!! Thanks in advance!!
  2. shaggykid

shaggykid New Member

Its a ghost. Call ghost busters

Sent from your mom's house using my Droid X
  3. ConqSoft

ConqSoft New Member

Is it happening all the time, or only when connected to your PC? When connected to your PC, in USB Mass Storage Mode, the phone doesn't have access to the internal/external storage, so if the tones are stored there it will play some other, default tone when it can't access the custom one.
  4. b00st4ddicted

b00st4ddicted New Member

Thanks for the information. The phone does it randomly actually. It was on charger this morning when it played something totally off as my alarm. Could it be that when the phone doesn't have access to the internal/external storage, it acutally changed my tone and just left it like that? Because it was in USB Mass Storage Mode.
  5. eshef

eshef Member

Mine has been doing this lately. I don't charge on the PC, I use the wall charger and it doesn't happen when it's on the charger, but maybe it's afterwards? I hadn't thought to link that, I'll have to check it out. But today, for example, all of a sudden my daughter-in-law's ringtone changed to my notification tone, my notification changed to my husband's ringtone, etc. And I know for sure that I hadn't charged it before all this happened :icon_eek: . Ghosts is as good an explanation as any! :D
  6. Ansa82

Ansa82 New Member

This happens to me too! With Zedge tones & notifications. I'm thinking it's a Zedge thing. Never happens when I set to an android tone.
Search tags for this page
android alarm sound keeps changing
android alarm tone keeps changing to default
android razr ringtone changes by itself

droid razr keeps changing ringtone

droid razr ringtone changes itself

droid razr ringtone keeps changing

droid razr ringtones keep changing usb
razr changes ringtone on own

ringtone changes by itself

ringtone changing by itself

ringtone+was changed